We hosted our annual Easter egg hunt on Saturday, and it was wonderful! The weather couldn't have been more perfect, had we ordered it ourselves. The sun was out, the sky was blue, and there wasn't an ounce of wind. It wasn't super warm, but with all those other things going for us, it made it feel like springtime!
We had about 50 kids hunting for over 650 eggs, hidden all over our yard. They were separated by age group, with the bigger kids really having to put some effort into their hunting. Last year we heard some complaining that it was 'too easy", so Rick took the challenge. I'd say he succeeded.
Kate loved hunting for eggs, but Emma had her eye on one egg in particular, a Cinderella egg that she had spotted while we were sorting and hiding them. She absolutely refused to pick up any other egg until she found that one. I tried explaining to her that there were lots of kids hunting for eggs, and that someone else may have already picked it up. But, she wouldn't stop her quest. So, I started looking around for her, and saw a pink egg that had Snow White and Sleeping Beauty on it. It did pacify her for the moment, and I was finally able to convince her to fill her basket. Later on, after the hunt, I was holding her while talking to my good friend Erica. She asked why Emma was looking a little melancholy, and I explained the situation about the egg. She looked through her little girl's basket, and lo and behold, there was that Cinderella egg! She traded Emma for her Sleeping Beauty egg (knowing that her little one wouldn't mind), and all was well with the world. What luck!
Afterward we had a yummy brunch, a fire in the fire pit, and lots of talking, laughing, and playing. It really is one of my very favorite things, and I look forward to it each year.


Easter Sunday was also a beautiful day, and I was so excited that I could put sandals on the girls and they wouldn't freeze. They were so excited to get dressed up for church, but not so excited to get their picture taken. :) We also have to put Ryan on "picture alert" first thing in the morning, so he will be ready to give me his full attention for at least 2 minutes. I just snap fast, and hope for the best!


Happy Easter!
We had about 50 kids hunting for over 650 eggs, hidden all over our yard. They were separated by age group, with the bigger kids really having to put some effort into their hunting. Last year we heard some complaining that it was 'too easy", so Rick took the challenge. I'd say he succeeded.
Kate loved hunting for eggs, but Emma had her eye on one egg in particular, a Cinderella egg that she had spotted while we were sorting and hiding them. She absolutely refused to pick up any other egg until she found that one. I tried explaining to her that there were lots of kids hunting for eggs, and that someone else may have already picked it up. But, she wouldn't stop her quest. So, I started looking around for her, and saw a pink egg that had Snow White and Sleeping Beauty on it. It did pacify her for the moment, and I was finally able to convince her to fill her basket. Later on, after the hunt, I was holding her while talking to my good friend Erica. She asked why Emma was looking a little melancholy, and I explained the situation about the egg. She looked through her little girl's basket, and lo and behold, there was that Cinderella egg! She traded Emma for her Sleeping Beauty egg (knowing that her little one wouldn't mind), and all was well with the world. What luck!
Afterward we had a yummy brunch, a fire in the fire pit, and lots of talking, laughing, and playing. It really is one of my very favorite things, and I look forward to it each year.


Easter Sunday was also a beautiful day, and I was so excited that I could put sandals on the girls and they wouldn't freeze. They were so excited to get dressed up for church, but not so excited to get their picture taken. :) We also have to put Ryan on "picture alert" first thing in the morning, so he will be ready to give me his full attention for at least 2 minutes. I just snap fast, and hope for the best!
Happy Easter!
13 comments:
It must have been warm for the girls to wear those shoes. So adorable!!!!!
What a fun mom you are! And your kids are FREAKING cute!
What a wonderful idea--how fun. You are such a cute little family. Your children are so adorable.
Wow, that's a lot of eggs!!!! We only hid 36 for 6 children. Your children look adorable, right down to the girl's painted toe nails:-)
How fun! Sorry I missed the egg hunt.
It was so fun and we SO appreciate that you were willing to do it at your house!
- glad we were able to help with the egg situation :)
That looks like so much fun! I was glad to see it was such great weather! Do you remember hiding the eggs last year in all that SNOW!!!!???? Definitely a BIG improvement.
I am glad all went well. The girls look adorable as usual!
Wow, YOu did all that and your prego. I am impressed! Your kids look adorable.
Your girls are so cute. I loved the Eater pictures. Actually, my first set of girl twins were born pretty much at the exact same time that this next set will be born - I'm 2 and 1/2 weeks behind in this pregnancy than I was with the last. So with any luck (and blessings), Lucy and Elsa will turn 3 and then a few weeks later we'll add 2 more to the family. Talk about good timing.
Boys will be fun. (I can't tell you how many people were wishing boys twins for us.) Maybe you can just change the fabric on the carseats, unless the plastic part is pink too.
OH, on cars, we have the Sequoia and love it. You are right on cargo space, but we'll probably just go with an overhead cargo holder for vacations when we need more space.
Oh, you can send any girl names our way. I could think of tons of boy names, but not girls.
Wow... You hid that many eggs.. You are amazing!! Your kids grins are so you.. adorable :)
How fun! And, holy cow, that is a lot of kids hunting for eggs. I'm impressed that you do this every year. You must love it.
Your kids looked adorable in the pictures. I love the girls' nails in their church dresses - so feminine and pretty!
Post a Comment