Thursday, April 23, 2009

{while you were sleeping}




PANTRY, PART II:

Okay. I guess we've moved past the pantry lock, and on to bed alarms. This morning, two little girlies woke up before I did, and made their way not only downstairs (very quietly I might add), but down to the basement where the food storage is. They found something to stand on, and took 3 boxes of fruit snacks back upstairs to the pantry (their headquarters?). Then they found scissors (really safe, huh?), and went to town. By the time I found them, a whole box of Wonder Pets was gone, and they were halfway through the John Deere. Apparently they were saving the best for last...My Little Pony.

My game needs to be stepped up...in a major way.

17 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Ha ha ha! At least no one cut any hair with those scissors?

Melissa said...

That is TOO funny! I think I know your girls currency, fruit snacks. As I recall this has happened before! Maybe they should only get fruit snacks when they go potty!!!!

Courtney said...

they are very sneaky to be able to do all that without waking you. gotta love the independence!

Lyndi said...

LOL! I think there's just something about fruit snacks that calls to little girls at this age...

Carn Family said...

Wow....your two girls are a good team! I wonder when and how these little events get started. Does one start and the other follows or do they chat about it together and make up the perfect plan? I would just be happy that if they found scissors they did not turn it into beauty parlor time!

Stephanie Lowe said...

R.O.T.F.L!!! They are so great! So how's the lock coming??? Hmmm, I look forward to future posts about the things they conspire to do :)

Megs said...

Ha, Good luck with that. I will have to say they are smart little girls.

Jewels said...

And just think in 2 years you will have 2 sets with twice as many posts about the things the 4 of them conspire to do and you will have a teenager! Just remember to love it they are gone to fast!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

HaHa Keirst! Those cute girls are working well together! I wonder if they were really that hungry, or if it was just so much fun they had to keep eating! I'm glad they didn't get to the My Little Pony box, or they'd have been sick! I think you should put an alarm on the door..... scare em bad next time they open it! :)

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

They sound very resourceful and independent. This is good. Being a twin is a special thing.

likeschocolate said...

They sure do love the fruit snacks. You could just not buy them for the a while and when the girls ask for them explain to them why they are not getting them. However, then they just might move on to something else. Poor thing! These little girls are pretty cheeky. Gotta love them!

Bilary said...

My little boy just saw this post and yelled, "Wonder Pets!" Now he is getting into the fruit snacks. :)

Heck, don't step up your game. This is very entertaining, not to mention it makes the rest of us feel more normal to see other kids pulling the same sort of things our own kids do.

Melanie said...

I'm sorry, I'm still LOL... not that many blog posts make me LOL -- I held my breath when I saw the scissors, and scoured the picture for hair... thank heavens! I just can't stop smiling - and weren't they behind the crib at one time? I just love it.

Yvonne said...

They certainly are little girls with a plan, eh.

Andee said...

Maybe they just need WAY bigger meals? Hee hee!

Miss B said...

I swear my kids have moved into your house. We had a lock onthe pantry. The girls took the kitchen siccors to it twice. We lucked out with food storge, we had to put a door on it and keep it locked out at all times. I would hate to see what would happen if we didn't.

Jana said...

Tricky little things!!

Post a Comment