I'm not sure how we got the sun gods to look down on us this week, but it was absolutely perfect. For it being the last week of March/first week of April, it was unseasonably and delightfully warm. We broke out the flip flops (okay, the kids did...mine have been out for months!), pulled the new shorts out of the drawer, and took out the sunscreen (even though I totally forgot to use it, and poor Henry has lobster legs).
Last Sunday I had the kids wear their Easter clothes to church, since this Sunday we would be home enjoying General Conference. It was my boys' first white shirt and tie, and I was thrilled when I found one for Ryan to match. I actually had then all ready by 8:15am (a miracle in and of itself) so I could take pictures, but I didn't have the most willing participants. Oh well, at least I have it documented!




The rest of the week brought bowling, lunch out, good friends, BBQs, the park, a trip to the zoo, and enjoying the sun. Rick was even able to take a few days off, providing us with much-needed and enjoyed family time.

(Notice Emma with the flamingos...she insisted on posing for this picture, because they were her favorite color--pink. She really wanted to see pigs, which are her favorite animal AND color, but these made her happy.)

Rick was trying to prepare me today, for the very, very likely scenario that these sunny days are not permanent, but I'm choosing not to think about that right now. For now, I'm just soaking up the rays, leaving my windows open, taking advantage of all the park time we can get, and enjoying no coats or socks!
Last Sunday I had the kids wear their Easter clothes to church, since this Sunday we would be home enjoying General Conference. It was my boys' first white shirt and tie, and I was thrilled when I found one for Ryan to match. I actually had then all ready by 8:15am (a miracle in and of itself) so I could take pictures, but I didn't have the most willing participants. Oh well, at least I have it documented!




The rest of the week brought bowling, lunch out, good friends, BBQs, the park, a trip to the zoo, and enjoying the sun. Rick was even able to take a few days off, providing us with much-needed and enjoyed family time.

(Notice Emma with the flamingos...she insisted on posing for this picture, because they were her favorite color--pink. She really wanted to see pigs, which are her favorite animal AND color, but these made her happy.)

Rick was trying to prepare me today, for the very, very likely scenario that these sunny days are not permanent, but I'm choosing not to think about that right now. For now, I'm just soaking up the rays, leaving my windows open, taking advantage of all the park time we can get, and enjoying no coats or socks!
8 comments:
Guess what ties I bought my boys for Easter this year! Us and our freaky shared life. Can't want to show pictures. I am dressing them up next week. We went bowling today too. Our weather has been horrible. It snowed all day. My pants were wet to the knees by the time we got home. Glad you got some sun.
oooooh my goodness your children are SO cute and growing up way too fast! We enjoyed a few beautiful days outside, but that quickly changed to snow and hail! But honestly, I walked outside the other night and watched the large snowflakes falling and it was just beautiful! I don't mind mixing things up a bit now and then :)
Our Sp. Break just started today, and it kicked off with a snow storm... but I really don't mind, either. I love mixing it up, too. But I CANNOT wait to break out the new Spring clothes. They're all just waiting on the top shelves... I can hear them calling every day, and some are just so stinkin' cute I can hardly stand it!
P.S. I'm in full denial that all the stinkin' cuteness is going to have popsicles, mud, grass, watermelon & ketchup on them this summer, too.
Your children are so CUTE!!! That's awesome that you were able to go out and enjoy such beautiful weather! I be the kids love going out to play without having to bundle up!
They are so adorable--I love it. Love that you have all your boys in matching white shirts and ties.
So glad you had some great days for Spring break. Enjoy and even if the cruddy weather comes back it will only be for a few days and then it will be sunny again.
Happy Easter.
Your kids are absolutely adorable. How are things with you? It has been way to long!
Looks like you had a wonderful spring break. What a blessing to have good weather. My mother was in town to enjoy our new little arrive. The weather did not cooperate for us quite a well as it did for you. At least we had lots to do inside.
Sounds like fun to me!!! I just wish we had the same weather!!
Post a Comment