Our favorite beach is about an hour and a half away, on Lake Huron. We really love it there, and it was just about as close to perfect as you can get. The temperature was in the low 80's, the sun was shining, there was no wind to be found, and hardly any humidity.
The kids were happy playing in the sand most of the time, and I was happy on my blanket just watching them. I brought along a book, and with the sound of the crashing waves in the background, I couldn't imagine anything better than being in that moment.
After hours of sand, water, and walks along the beach, it was time to pack up. I don't know why I'm always surprised at how long it actually takes to get everyone clean, clothes changed, and get the truck packed. You'd think I would be used to it by now--maybe I just think I can do it faster than I actually can.
Dinner was absolutely delicious at a local pizza place, and we finished off a gigantic pizza plus breadsticks to boot. I think all that sand made us hungry. We couldn't escape without ice cream and a walk along the boardwalk to see all the huge boats--it's tradition.
We have been coming to this beach for almost nine years now, and it's still one of our most favorite summer traditions. I treasure days like this--it really was the perfect day.








7 comments:
They are so cute in their swim suits! I just adore the beach!
I love the beach. Maybe that would be a fun thing for Allan and I tomorrow ; )
The pictures are GREAT.
Kierste! I love your blog!!! It's been fun reading your posts. Your family is amazing and I want to be you when I grow! You are awesome!
That just looks like bliss, Kierste!! And I just want to smush those boys' cheeks!! Hugs and Loves to all!
Beautiful pictures! And I love how many traditions you all have!
looks like you guys had a fun day! love such special traditions that you can look forward to each year!
Fantastic photos!!!! Funny, on our way home from a local lake the other day, I was thinking about how long it took to pack up. I can only imagine for you!!!!
Post a Comment