We have some exciting news to report...Miss Kate learned to ride her bike this weekend, sans training wheels!
Honestly, she could have probably done this a year ago, and I don't know why we didn't try sooner. Saturday was the day though, and it was a rather spontaneous decision. It was a little rainy and overcast, but Rick was building in the garage, and all the kids were itching to get outside.
In hindsight, I probably should have changed out of my pajamas, but like I said, we were being spontaneous. :) I'll tell you what, running up and down the road about 20 times while holding on to the back of a bike is quite the workout--my legs are still sore, lol. It was very exciting for everyone, but especially the boys. So exciting, in fact, that they ignored their "do not cross" line on the driveway, and followed us up and down the street. So, we were quite the sight...me in my pajamas, pushing a bike with a red-headed girl screaming for joy, followed by two little boys in their pajamas, all running down the street.
She was a natural, and it didn't take her long before she was zooming along on her own, even making turns around the cul-de-sac. She was all set to go on a family bike ride, but we told her she needed a little more practice before she went on roads with more traffic.
We celebrated the milestone with her favorite cookies...what a great day!
In hindsight, I probably should have changed out of my pajamas, but like I said, we were being spontaneous. :) I'll tell you what, running up and down the road about 20 times while holding on to the back of a bike is quite the workout--my legs are still sore, lol. It was very exciting for everyone, but especially the boys. So exciting, in fact, that they ignored their "do not cross" line on the driveway, and followed us up and down the street. So, we were quite the sight...me in my pajamas, pushing a bike with a red-headed girl screaming for joy, followed by two little boys in their pajamas, all running down the street.
She was a natural, and it didn't take her long before she was zooming along on her own, even making turns around the cul-de-sac. She was all set to go on a family bike ride, but we told her she needed a little more practice before she went on roads with more traffic.
We celebrated the milestone with her favorite cookies...what a great day!

7 comments:
Congratulations Kate on learning how to ride your bike without training wheels, and Kierstie if I know you I am sure you looked fantastic in your jammies.
Way to go, Kate. That is so exciting.
(BTW, was there weeping and wailing at your house last Thursday. What happened???? I couldn't believe it--and was so incredibly disappointed)
Way to go miss kate! I see many family bike rides in your future.
Good job Kate! I still remember when I was able to ride my bike without training wheels...it was so exciting!
So fun Kate!!! Good for you, that is huge!!!!!
Way to go that is awesome. How old is she? My kids take forever. I think i would have loved to see you in your PJ's
YAY miss kate! i love the big grin :)
Post a Comment