Tuesday, March 13, 2012

{mud pies}

April showers bring May flowers, and March brings...mud.

This March has also brought unseasonably (and delightful) warm temperatures, so I really can't bring myself to complain.  This afternoon was beautiful, and so when the boys woke up from their nap, we all went on a bike ride around the block. When we got back, none of them were ready to go back inside, so I grabbed my book and got comfy on the front porch while they played...in the mud.

They discovered a drainage pipe in our front yard, and some lovely muddy water surrounding it, and thought they hit pay dirt.  Pun intended.  :)  The brought out their diggers, shovels, buckets, dump trucks, and went to town.  Now, I'm all for letting kids play and get dirty, but normally I don't usually let them get SO dirty right before dinner, because it means an extra hour of baths and cleaning up before we eat. I'm telling you--this spring weather is doing something to me! I think I might have spring fever, lol.

When it was time to come inside, I had Ryan go start the bath, so I could strip all their clothes off before taking one step inside the house.  He looked at them, then he looked at me, and asked incredulously if I had known what they were doing out there.  He certainly didn't expect me to say that I did! 

So yes, we did have that extra hour of baths, laundry, and trying to get inches of mud out of shoes, but I also had some really happy kids.   Totally worth it.








Now let's just hope all that mud comes out of their clothes...

6 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Their adorable mud and all!

Mindy said...

Kierste?!? They look like they had so much fun! I love thus warm weather...I'm crossing my fingers that it sticks around!

Shanny said...

Whoa. You let them get THAT dirty? YOU?? I'm so impressed ;)

I should let me kids get messy more often. Good reminder.

Lyndi said...

Wow. I'm shocked. :) They look SO cute! How do you get the mud out of the girls' boots??

ForeverCurly said...

Oh my goodness, I want to frame that last picture! SO CUTE!!!

ForeverCurly said...

Oh my goodness, I want to frame that last picture! SO CUTE!!!

Post a Comment