Tuesday, October 9, 2012

{pumpkin patch and the waterway}

I've been in mourning the past month.  I miss the changing leaves, crisp air, apple farms, pumpkin patches, cider mills, cider & donuts, and every part of fall. When I learned of a local Christmas tree farm that also had a pumpkin patch, I couldn't wait to go, and our family headed there last weekend.

It's definitely the first time we went to a pumpkin patch in shorts, tee shirts, and flip flops, but it turned out to be a beautiful day, and not too hot, which was really nice. The kids did a few activities, and then we took a hayride around the property.  It's also a Christmas tree farm, and it was so fun to see the rows of trees along our ride, and see which ones we like best.  We'll be back in just over a month to cut one down...

It's so interesting to watch my kids pick out their respective pumpkins.  Some choose quickly--the first one that they see and looks acceptable.  Others go for a certain size or shape, and then there is the one that likes to take their time. REALLY take their time.  :) Sometimes you just to have find that perfect pumpkin!  














After we left, we stopped for lunch at one of our favorite burger stops, then headed to Waterway Square to splash in the fountains.  Yes--warm enough to still play in the water! 







So, no changing leaves or crisp air, but still a really fun day full of pumpkins, water, and my cute family!  

7 comments:

Erica said...

looks like lots of fun!!!! heard rick is here sometime this week - he should pack you a little bag of michigan fall and bring it home :)

likeschocolate said...

It looks like you had a great time, but it definately is no Uncle John's. What is with the pile of pumpkins. They could at least arrange them nicely. I guess you will have to learn how to make the donuts.

Carn Family said...

Tell Henry I expected a much bigger pumpkin for that boy. I thought I for sure would see him holding one twice his size without him even breaking a sweat! The warm fall will for sure take some getting used to. I will be thinking of you with envy when we spend every weekend for the next several weeks raking millions of leaves.

Andee said...

Your family really IS cute! I just love being able to see you all here on your blog!

Twins Squared said...

I was thinking you might have gone to Dewberry Farm - it has a Christmas tree farm plus pumpkin patch too. You might want to check it out - it is West of Houston - past Katy. They have all these cool man-made play structures, plus hayrides, corn maze etc. Check it out - we are going this year - haven't been in several years and wanted to take the little girls. It's all the other stuff that makes it fun - not the produce so much. :) Oh and animals too. Very unique.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

I have that maxi dress from Target. That is all. ;)

AngelaW said...

Kierste. I think that is called a pumpkin pile, not a patch :)

Post a Comment