The girls' elementary school has an annual fun run each fall, where the whole school gets to participate in running as many laps as they can within a certain time frame. Both Kate & Emma were SO excited to participate, and it was the talk of the town around our house for a couple of weeks before the big day.
On the day of the run, each class was given their own shirts--the same tee shirt, but decorated differently. Emma's class handed out sunglasses and tied up the sleeves with ribbon, while Kate's class had tie-dyed shirts and matching hair ribbons.
The boys and I went to watch, and it really was quite the event! Music, announcers, lots of volunteers with water, and about a million parents. The girls were totally into it, and I really enjoyed noticing their individual styles of running. They never cease to amaze me with just how different they are. Kate is super enthusiastic--running as fast as she can, until she has to walk for a few minutes before starting up again. She's really quick, and it's fun to watch her bursts of energy, and run so fast. Emma on the other hand, is a machine. She ran almost 40 laps (they are smaller laps, definitely not a regular track) without stopping...in her sunglasses! Slow and steady wins the race is her approach--although she's not slow at all, just more methodical.
They were both proud of their efforts, and I was proud of them, too! It was a great day, and even though I had to stop 42 times to prevent Henry from ruining the cones (and throwing them into the middle of the track), I was so glad to be there.
the lap count...it was marked each lap
Way to go, girls!





4 comments:
Our kids did this at their old school.
how fun! taking after their momma :)
That's awesome! Our school does that every spring as our only PTA fundraiser! It's fun!! Great job girls!
I think you have some running buddies for yourself :)! Too bad the conversations just won't be the same...lol!
Post a Comment