This Friday night date was a special one...we took the girls to get their violins! The nearest luthier and violin shop was in downtown Houston, so we headed down in the afternoon to have plenty of time. The girls could hardly stand it, they were so excited!
They've been wanting to play for a long time, but I waited until after they had been playing the piano for awhile. I found a great teacher just a mile from us, and who goes to church with us, so it's perfect because they already know her.
The violin shop was so fun to see inside, with all the violins hanging everywhere---from the most tiny, a 1/32, up to a 4/4 full size violin. The girls were measured, and it was decided they would start on a 1/4 size. We got thee violins, cases, bows, and all the "stuff" they would need to start.
Their first lesson is on Tuesday, and I don't know if they're going to make it until then! They've gotten them out no less than 15 times, and it hasn't even been 24 hours! I can't tell you how fun it is for me to see them so full of enthusiasm for music, and playing instruments. Jack and Henry are now feeling the excitement, and Henry asked if he could play the cello. We might have to wait a couple of years on that. :)
We might have to work on our own little orchestra!