Wednesday, September 4, 2013

{first day of school}

What can you say about the first day of school? It's just about the most exciting day at our house!  We got home from our trip just a week before school started, and that week was an absolute whirlwind. After being gone that long, there was a ton to do just recovering from that trip, plus all the orientations, last minute shopping, and more.  I had done 90% of the preparation before we left, but it seems no matter how much you do, there's always something else!  

So...first day outfits were picked out, backpacks and lunch boxes set out, fathers' blessings given, yummy dinner eaten, and everyone was in bed nice and early the night before.  The morning came EARLY, especially after a long and lazy summer, but I didn't have to ask anyone twice to get up that day!  

We didn't have a bus in our neighborhood for Ryan yet, since it's so new, so Rick had to take him to school.  He was just dropping him off, so he took the baby and the boys in the car with him so I could take the girls to school.  The school is just so crazy on that first day, there just isn't any extra room for little ones.  

And then...the house was quiet.  I did have the boys home, but it's amazing what cutting the amount of kids you have in half does!  

A couple of days later, the boys started preschool. They have the most darling teacher who lives not very far away, and there 8 cute kids in their class.  They eat lunch there, which they LOVE, and it makes them feel big, just like their sisters and Ryan!  

Second graders!!


 





{Preschool boys}





There will be a picture of Ryan forthcoming.  He leaves at 5:30am each morning, and it's pitch black both inside and outside the house! I keep forgetting to take one after he comes home from school, but I'm going to do it soon! 

Here's to a GREAT year!!