I feel very sorry for anyone that hasn't had Bluebell ice cream. I've had a lot of different ice cream in my life, and it's definitely the best. It's legendary across the South, and a few other states where it's sold, and it's made just about an hour and a half from here, in Brenham, Texas. They give tours at their factory, and it's been on our list of things to do since we moved here. A friend and I took our kids last week, and it was definitely worth the trip!
We saw the whole ice cream making process--where they mix it, add flavors and ingredients (we saw huge buckets of marshmallows and nuts going into a Rocky Road batch), and then fill ice cream cartons. They're now the only company that still have the 1/2 gallon container! We also saw all the molds for their ice cream bars and specialty items, and walked through the -44 degree freezer where they flash freeze the ice cream.
And the best part?
The ice cream tasting!!! We were able to taste every single flavor, and then they gave us a huge scoop of whatever we wanted. Ummmmm...thank you. They were all amazing, and I the kids were in ice cream heaven. It was a GREAT day!!!
Definitely one of the best things about Texas. ☺



