Sunday, June 22, 2014

{goodbye school, hello summer}

Wasn't it just Christmas? I blinked my eyes, and it was the end of the year, and school was over. Ryan was elated, the girls were sad, and I was ready to have them home.

There wasn't any pomp and circumstance for Ryan the last week of school, but he did have half days all week, and that was good enough for him. He likes school, and he does very well, but he was so glad to be done with papers and tests!!  There was an awards assembly the last day of school for the girls, and they were SO excited about.  Special awards are given, and all students are given a certificate and recognized in some way.  

Kate was on the honor roll, Emma received the highest academic honors as well as the Citizenship Award.  They were both beaming! So was I.  ☺  After the assembly, I took them back to their classrooms to gather their things and say goodbye to friends and teachers.  They were especially sad  this year, because they knew they wouldn't be back.  They LOVED their teachers, as did I--you couldn't get any better.  In second grade, they have two teachers--one for science/math, and the other for language arts. The girls had the same teachers, but were in opposite classrooms. It really was the perfect setup for them--same teachers, same friends, across the hall from each other, and ate lunch and went to all the special classes together. 

It was a great year--they both did so well, and I can't believe they will be in THIRD grade!!!  



Welcome, summer!