Yes, that's right...a MIDLAND Halloween! My kids were beside themselves with excitement at the prospect of going back to see their friends...and so was I. It's still "home" to us in many ways, and probably always will. We spent so many years there, four of our kids were born there, and it's the only home that Ryan knew until he was almost 14 years old. It's a good place to be.
We left on Thursday night, so we would have plenty of time on Friday to get settled before trick-or-treating. It only takes 5 hours, door-to-door! We were able to see good friends, spend time talking and chatting and catching up, and really just looking into their faces! I know that sounds funny, but I missed just seeing them in person.
We went to the Jones' house on Friday night for trick-or-treating, and it was cold! The boys don't really remember cold weather, so they were trying to adjust to having to wear actual shoes. (It's snowing in NY now, and Henry still doesn't want to wear them...I guess he comes by it honestly. :) They were all in heaven, and it was just like we never left.
I got to spend some much needed girl time with my friends later that night, and the guys had one of their infamous game nights. It was the best. Saturday brought lunch with some of our favorite people ever, and play time with friends, and family pictures! It was SO cold. Steph did her best, but trying to wrangle six kids (five of them little, and one of them a stubborn teenager) and eight people at the same time is no easy feat.
That night we attended an annual Halloween party that we had attended for years before we moved, and it was SO fun to go again! We were able to connect with so many friends, and honestly, it felt like we had never left. I think that's how it is when you get to know people so well, and I love it, and so grateful to be a part of it. I didn't get to talk to everyone, and I'm sad about that, but now that we are closer, hopefully we will be able to visit more often.
We spent Saturday night at the Carns, and loved spending that time with them. We woke up bright and early to get to church, and once again, it felt like coming home. We still knew the vast majority of people there, I just wish we had an extra six hours to talk to everyone. I just wanted to reach out and give a giant group hug--I was smiling ear-to-ear the whole time. And I got sit by my favorite baby...Miss Kennedy, and snuggle her for a whole hour. It was perfection!!
We already can't wait to go back!
Sara always does such a fantastic job--amazing attention to detail, yummy food, and great company!
The ICE girls. Isla, Caroline, and Elle. Future Besties.
Batman, the Wicked Witch, Incredible Hulk, Tinman, and a Black Cat who didn't want to get her picture taken.
Happy Halloween!