Friday, November 14, 2014

{october randomness}

Here they are...those random pictures over the last few weeks that show our crazy life!

There is an amazing grocery store that focuses on produce, and appropriately named Niagara Produce.  Yes, yummy fruits and vegetables, but look at the darling baskets!!! Makes me want to buy everything.  :)


Jack and Henry started Indoor Soccer, and they LOVE it.  They missed the regular season when we moved, so they couldn't wait to play again.  Jack wears his shin guards around the house all day, and it's a constant battle to get them to take the soccer balls downstairs to play, but secretly I love it.


Snow has been tempting to fall for a few days, and this is the first day that flakes actually came down. This Texas-born girl didn't know what to think!  She better get used to it...she's a New Yorker now!


We have the best dentist.  EVER.  The waiting room is like heaven to little kids...a small movie theatre, video game room, and an area for the tiny ones.  I love it because they can do all five kids (even Caroline got her teeth cleaned this time!) at the same time!  They have a big room all lined with beds, and they can all be done together.  It is FABULOUS.  Makes taking them to the dentist so much more manageable.  And the best part??  No cavities!  


We had to save Ryan from his near-death lollipop experience.  


That is my foot up against Henry's snow boot.  I wear a size 9.


The girls' elementary school had an activity a couple of weeks ago, and instead of the usual stale nachos I was expecting?  Food trucks!  I could really get used to this...


Face painting at the school activity...



Our local grocery store has THE best bakery, and adorable cookies. I'm such a sucker for frosted sugar cookies, so I had to stop walking by the case. :)


 She's had to be cooped up so much, that when she finally gets out of the house, all she wants to do is RUN!


My bookends.


I don't think I've ever shared pictures of our little apartment, and we are certainly going to want these to look back on one day.  We went from about 4000 sq. feet to around 1200 sq. feet, so it's been quite the adjustment for everyone involved.  But honestly, it hasn't been as bad as I thought it might be, and I've learned a lot.  It only takes 45 minutes to clean from top to bottom, there is no yard to take care of so we have a lot of extra time on Saturdays, and it lets us save a lot of money while were building a house.  It's created more "together" time, which has also been good.  Crazy, but good.




I just noticed one of the cushions is on sideways. I need to go fix that.  





There's no place like home!  :)