Saturday, May 24, 2008

Farm Living

Would you ever want to live on farm? I would! A big white house, with a porch that wraps all the way around the house, a red barn, fields and trees, a creek in the back, horses...

I took my kids to visit a friend yesterday that lives on such a farm. They LOVED it. They saw baby sheep, bunnies, chickens, planted a few lima beans in the garden, blew dandelions, roasted marshmallows over the firepit, saw gigantic beehives, played in the hose, watched flowers being planted, and ran around the yard after the cat, all in about an hour and a half. I actually had to make them come home with me! Ryan also went upstairs to the "Lego attic" with the young boy that lives there--yes, that's right-a whole attic dedicated to just Legos and Playmobil. This kid was in heaven! (So much so, that I have not one picture of him!)

The weather was perfect, the air smelled like a mixture of smoke from the fire, good dark soil, and flowers. I think I'm a country girl--as long as the city isn't too far away...:)




4 comments:

Sonja said...

I could also live on a farm, there's just something about it! Very cute pictures, it looks likes the girls had fun.

Lei said...

Oh that sounds SOOO nice!

utmommy said...

Great pictures of the girls! I love them.

I could also live on a farm, as long as the city was close by:)

likeschocolate said...

You would love St. Gallen because it is both a city and farmland mixed together. The cows are everywhere here. I wish for warmer weather, but on the days it is really warm it stinks. We have to hold our noses. I think I am city girl all the way. I love the noise, the shopping, and museums. Farms are way too much work. Though, I wouldn't mind having fresh strawberries or tomatoes in the summer.
p.s. When you have time I would love it if you could e-mail me a photo of the outside of your house.

Post a Comment