I'm not ready for Christmas.
It's not that my presents aren't wrapped (okay, they're not--Rick and I wrap them together on Christmas Eve, per tradition), or that I have 2 unfinished projects (almost done!). It's not even that I have peppermint bark and English toffee to make and deliver, or that I still need to make one last trip to the post office.
It's not that my presents aren't wrapped (okay, they're not--Rick and I wrap them together on Christmas Eve, per tradition), or that I have 2 unfinished projects (almost done!). It's not even that I have peppermint bark and English toffee to make and deliver, or that I still need to make one last trip to the post office.
I'm not ready for Christmas, because that means it will be over. The best part of Christmas comes before the day even arrives. It comes in the form of making gingerbread houses, rolling out sugar cookies, cutting down a Christmas tree, decorating the house, visiting the Santa House, shopping for just the right gift, Christmas caroling, parties with friends and family, lights on every corner, advent calendars, nightly Christmas stories, Christmas music on the radio, candy canes, and friends stopping by. It's service projects, sharing trees, nativities, and special traditions.
I don't know why I'm feeling more this way this year than other years, but perhaps it's that life seems to be going so quickly. It's like I blink my eyes and the fall is over, and then one more blink and it's the week before Christmas!
Does this mean I'm getting old?
Never mind. Don't answer that.

8 comments:
I've been feeling similary. I suppose I'm getting old as well;-) I feel like the season just started and now it's nearly over! My daughter's birthday is a few days after Christmas and I haven't even mailed out the invitations or even let people know about her little party. I just barely got out my Christmas cards. I like your little Believe display - very nice. Merry Christmas!!!!
I always feel the same way. It comes and goes way too fast. I want to stay up late the next few nights just so it does not pass me by!
I feel the exact same way. I feel like the season is just flying by and I have missed it or something. It makes me kind of sad.
I wish that we could slow down the clock and just relax and enjoy more.
Ok, so I wasn't even in the mood for Christmas to start with (not the Christ part, I've loved our scripture read each night... just not for all the running around, baking, etc.). So what does that say about how old I'm feeling? ;)
Super cute display. I love all your decor!
You think life is passing quickly now--just wait until you are my age. I really don't know how it goes by so fast. I still remember the day my 38 y.o. was placed in my arms--can't possibly have been 38 years ago.
Enjoy each and every moment--I know you are.
I'm so grateful for the memories.
I think time is going faster, but even though time is flying, we're definitely not getting any older! Can you believe that I haven't seen you in about 7 years? You still look 24 and beautiful to me! Your kids look older tho, and they are sooooo cute! I hope you have a very merry Christmas!
~Tara
I can't believe it is almost here. Ready or Not!! :) I hope you have a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS!
I agree!!!!
Post a Comment