We have a tradition of acting out the Nativity on Christmas Eve. For a long time it was just the three of us, and then when we had the girls, all of a sudden our available actors doubled! The year of 2006 is hands down our favorite--we love to watch it over and over. We were in the townhouse we lived in while we were building our house, and Kate and Emma were 8 months old.
We decided that Mary would be played by Kate (thus freeing me to actually film it), and that Emma would be baby Jesus. Now strategically, we should have had Kate be baby Jesus, because she wasn't crawling yet (and a little more calm). But her little round face just exuded the feeling of Mary, so we went with it. Lo and behold, Emma actually stayed where she was supposed to stay!
Please don't mind my narration--I was laughing so hard at some points that I could barely get the words out, but really, I'm just lucky that I made it through. This is certainly not a perfect video, nor are our costumes or acting, but I will always treasure it. It captures a moment in time that I never want to forget.

Merry Christmas!
We decided that Mary would be played by Kate (thus freeing me to actually film it), and that Emma would be baby Jesus. Now strategically, we should have had Kate be baby Jesus, because she wasn't crawling yet (and a little more calm). But her little round face just exuded the feeling of Mary, so we went with it. Lo and behold, Emma actually stayed where she was supposed to stay!
Please don't mind my narration--I was laughing so hard at some points that I could barely get the words out, but really, I'm just lucky that I made it through. This is certainly not a perfect video, nor are our costumes or acting, but I will always treasure it. It captures a moment in time that I never want to forget.
Merry Christmas!
16 comments:
That's just adorable! I love the idea of acting out the story - I'm sure it helps the kids understand why we celebrate Christmas.
Ok as I was watching the video I was wondering how in the world you were not cracking up....and then you started to laugh which just made me laugh even harder. Rick being the donkey was classic! Can I come over and watch this year?
I'm right there with Brook - where can we buy tickets to such an entertaining show?!?! Love it!
Too adorable!!!!!!
I love that Ryan was totally cracking up along with you--the girls did fabulous with their parts...Oscar performances for sure!! Such a great tradition...Do they keep the same parts each year?
How fun! They're so little!!!
Kate's picture of Mary is PRICELESS!!! I LOVE it! We always act it out and have never recorded it. That is going to have to change. I loved watching it and can't wait to see this years production :)
I'm so glad you have that--what a treasure.
Little Kate looks so adorable.
Brook said it just right... I was already cracking up at donkey Rick, and when you laughed, it was hard to stop! SOOOOO sweet, too - Gosh I miss you!
We do the same thing for FHE one of the Mondays in December. Last year Emma was the Angel(her choice) and would fly around the manger the whole time. It was priceless. I love Christmas time.
Oh my goodness, that is precious! You have got the most adorable family, and I am so impressed by all that you do. I would LOVE to see the 2008 edition.
that is so cute!
That was darling. I can't wait to see this years performance. :)
Priceless! Where did the donkey go after they arrived at the stable????
That first picture is just precious! Those eyes!!! I LOVED the video, what a cool tradition.
That is so adorable!
Post a Comment