This week...
-I don't think I sat down between the hours of 6:30am and 2 or 3am, with the exception of a couple nights.
-I went without a shower at least 3 of those days (okay, please don't tell me I'm the only one--there has to be other busy moms out there that also have those days!).
-I made more food in 4 days than I usually do in twice that amount of time.
-I bought more than 30 yards of fabric to be used over a 2 day span.
-I got 9 children up, ready, and to church on time--at 9am. (okay, so it was really like 9:02am, but I am counting it!) I could barely see Rick way down at the end of the 11 chairs we took up.
-The community Christmas concert I organized turned out beautifully.
-I didn't get one thing done for Christmas.
Why you ask?
First of all, our good friends went on a 4 day trip this week, and their six kids stayed with us while they were gone. Yes, that makes nine children! They are really great kids, and were very well-behaved (just the normal kid stuff!), and I can't say enough good things about them. But nine kids is nine kids, and let's just say I have a much greater appreciation for mothers that do it on a regular basis. I was so happy to help, and to have them stay (and I would do it again too!), and of course my kids thought they were in heaven. I also now know how much spaghetti to make to feed that many people. :)
This week was also our church's annual Nativity Exhibit, where we set up, display, and take down over 500 nativities and corresponding decorations in every room of the building in 6 days. I am one of the organizers of it, which means every day and every night is dedicated to making sure it's successful. It's a lot of hard work, and a lot of late nights, but it's something I believe in very strongly, and I love it so much, that it's completely worth it.
Next week's gotta be a lot slower, right?
-I don't think I sat down between the hours of 6:30am and 2 or 3am, with the exception of a couple nights.
-I went without a shower at least 3 of those days (okay, please don't tell me I'm the only one--there has to be other busy moms out there that also have those days!).
-I made more food in 4 days than I usually do in twice that amount of time.
-I bought more than 30 yards of fabric to be used over a 2 day span.
-I got 9 children up, ready, and to church on time--at 9am. (okay, so it was really like 9:02am, but I am counting it!) I could barely see Rick way down at the end of the 11 chairs we took up.
-The community Christmas concert I organized turned out beautifully.
-I didn't get one thing done for Christmas.
Why you ask?
First of all, our good friends went on a 4 day trip this week, and their six kids stayed with us while they were gone. Yes, that makes nine children! They are really great kids, and were very well-behaved (just the normal kid stuff!), and I can't say enough good things about them. But nine kids is nine kids, and let's just say I have a much greater appreciation for mothers that do it on a regular basis. I was so happy to help, and to have them stay (and I would do it again too!), and of course my kids thought they were in heaven. I also now know how much spaghetti to make to feed that many people. :)
This week was also our church's annual Nativity Exhibit, where we set up, display, and take down over 500 nativities and corresponding decorations in every room of the building in 6 days. I am one of the organizers of it, which means every day and every night is dedicated to making sure it's successful. It's a lot of hard work, and a lot of late nights, but it's something I believe in very strongly, and I love it so much, that it's completely worth it.
Next week's gotta be a lot slower, right?
14 comments:
Wow! That must have been quite a week--good for you.
I'm intrigued by your nativity display. Our Ward did our first one on Saturday. (We had 25 displays--15 of which were mine ; ( We only had a couple of people (from the ward) come. How do you do it over several days--we were a little afraid because of some theft in a building in Montreal last year???
You have been SUPER WOMAN!!!! And to think it was all at the same time! Just one of those things would have been enough :) The Nativity turned out Wonderful. I was so excited to get to take my parents to it. Thanks to all of you women who made it so special.
Kierste, you're always my example in a group of people of someone who comes out of spots like that smelling like a rose =) I'm shocked & awed but not surprised! =) I wish I could have seen those displays - that's amazing. And when am I bringing my perfectly behaved children (don't read the blog) for our next trip?
Sounds like my week, and I can tell you that you are not the only one that went without a shower. Everynight this week was busy with activities with wrapping present, Christmas cards, and making blankets for the Children's hospital. I had help from Relief Society and the primary on the last one. Crazy week. 9 kids you are a saint.
You get the gold star for the week. You are amazing! And yes....you need to take it easy this week.
Girl...I don't know how you did it - but everything turned out perfect. The Nativity, the concert, etc. were all wonderful. You deserve a LOT of naps and rest this week! I hope you get it :)
Wow! I'm sure your friends truly appreciated you for watching 6 extra kids. Now that we have 5 I feel like Dave and I will never have another date. You are a good friend.
The nativity was amazing! You all are so wonderful for pulling it together so beatifully every year!!! What a week...enjoy this one at a slighter slower pace :)
Wow! You rock! What a good friend you are. And Cheerios are totally in order after that kind of week :)
Sounds like a lot. I am exhausted just reading it. Or maybe it is the two sleepless nights I have had. Either way that was a lot. Fun though.
You go girl! I'm sorry we weren't there to see the nativities. We loved going every year. Get some rest!
Wow! You are brave!!!
NINE KIDS!!! Wow! You are super woman! I am super impressed that you made it through that and had good things to say about the kids when it was all over. They must be awesome kids.
That is crazy that you were in charge of such a big event. Hats off to people like you who help the rest of us enjoy the holiday season more. You are awesome!
And now... YOU NEED A NAP!!!
Wow, quite impressive! I don't know how you even got all that other stuff done. It's hard to have an INSTANT large family like that. I'd imagine your friends appreciated it greatly.
Post a Comment