
Call me crazy, but I took my four youngest with me to the salon today. The girls were in desperate need of a haircut, and I finally just made them an appointment to get it done.
Yes, I've tried cutting it myself. I've cut my boys' hair forever, so I decided it couldn't be that different. I actually did okay for several years, until Emma's hair started to get so thick I wasn't sure what to do anymore. I couldn't just trim around the bottom anymore, or add in my own layers or stacking--it required a lot more skill than I was ever going to have. So, I decided if I was going to keep their short, it needed to have a distinct style, and one I could keep up.
So, that brings us to today, and our trip to the salon. I timed it so that the boys had already eaten, and wouldn't need to eat again for awhile.
Our favorite hairstylist in the world is also the smartest hairstylist in the world, and has a whole bin of dum dum suckers and smarties with an unlimited quota. I think they each consumed at least 10 suckers each, maybe more, and I didn't even care. As soon as they were done with one, they would hand me the stick, and I would hand them another sucker! It totally worked, and after an hour and a half, we had two darling haircuts with not one breakdown, tantrum, or frustrated moment.
They are very pleased with their new "do's", and tell me they have princess hair. I love them too, and it was worth every penny!
Miss Emma


Miss Kate


Yes, I've tried cutting it myself. I've cut my boys' hair forever, so I decided it couldn't be that different. I actually did okay for several years, until Emma's hair started to get so thick I wasn't sure what to do anymore. I couldn't just trim around the bottom anymore, or add in my own layers or stacking--it required a lot more skill than I was ever going to have. So, I decided if I was going to keep their short, it needed to have a distinct style, and one I could keep up.
So, that brings us to today, and our trip to the salon. I timed it so that the boys had already eaten, and wouldn't need to eat again for awhile.
Our favorite hairstylist in the world is also the smartest hairstylist in the world, and has a whole bin of dum dum suckers and smarties with an unlimited quota. I think they each consumed at least 10 suckers each, maybe more, and I didn't even care. As soon as they were done with one, they would hand me the stick, and I would hand them another sucker! It totally worked, and after an hour and a half, we had two darling haircuts with not one breakdown, tantrum, or frustrated moment.
They are very pleased with their new "do's", and tell me they have princess hair. I love them too, and it was worth every penny!
Miss Emma


Miss Kate


16 comments:
oh la la - very cute!
miss brooklyn might have to tag along next time to see how it's done - i've about given up on trying to do it myself anymore too :)
I agree great hair and worth every penny!
Those are very cute haircuts indeed. I wanted to keep Lucy's hair short, but her and Elsa keep comparing how long their hair is getting.
Yes, in some ways my girls have divided up the babies. Elsa tends more to Annie because Annie looks like Elsa, and Lucy with Leta because they are a match in looks as well.
Very chic! I don't even cut Charlie's hair - he has a lot of hair! It's so much easier for Dan to take him to the barber.
Well well well, aren't they fancy. Like fancy Nancy. So cute.
I was wondering how you were going to keep up with that thick hair... way to go! They look so stylish =) H & K don't have enough hair, even at 2.5 to really even trim a second time in their little lives so far... I'm waiting for it.
Way cute! How can you not love miss Kate? I love her pose! We miss your family sooo much and can't wait to meet the newest boys!
Very cute haircuts--such adorable little girls.
You are one daring mom. I am gald you had such success. The power in one little lollipop is always amazing to me.
So cute! I love going to the salon with me and Brianne- great memories!!:)
they look great! And my kids just sit and eat candy too. Around Halloween they can put away tootsie rolls like no one's business. I also took all my left over candy to my hair dresser one year. I figured I owed it to her after how much all my kids (4) would eat while she cut their hair
Mini yous !! :)
What a WOMAN! You are amazing! I can't believe you were able to take all 4 kids, that sounds crazy, but it sounds like it everyone was happy and you got TWO darling hair cuts for your TWO darling Girls. Love the cuts.
They are so adorable. It's so fun to doll up the cute little girls. I love their new do's!
They look so darling! I used that same candy trick to keep the little ones happy during the Christmas parade last night. Small town parade entries are mostly not interesting to a 2 yr old, but all the candy they throw at us is!
Totally cute!!!!
Post a Comment