
Well, it worked. Flushing ice cubes down the toilet, putting a spoon under your pillow, and wearing your pajamas backwards must really make a difference in determining a snow day! It definitely made a believer out of Ryan, that's for sure, because he followed all these steps to a "t".
We woke up to our first big snow of the year this morning, and it was beautiful. I just love that cozy feeling of staying inside, curling up to read a book or watch a movie, and enjoying the winter wonderland outside the window. It's also wonderful not to have to follow a schedule, get anyone on the bus, or have to leave the house at all!
The girls wanted to go outside first thing this morning, so I got them all bundled up and out they went! They tromped all around the backyard, wanting to make footsteps in every part of the yard. They slid down the slide into a pile of snow, and jumped on the snow-covered trampoline.


When they came in, we had homemade hot chocolate and chocolate chip muffins...yum!

We then spent the day just playing, and enjoying each other. It was a really, really great day.
We woke up to our first big snow of the year this morning, and it was beautiful. I just love that cozy feeling of staying inside, curling up to read a book or watch a movie, and enjoying the winter wonderland outside the window. It's also wonderful not to have to follow a schedule, get anyone on the bus, or have to leave the house at all!
The girls wanted to go outside first thing this morning, so I got them all bundled up and out they went! They tromped all around the backyard, wanting to make footsteps in every part of the yard. They slid down the slide into a pile of snow, and jumped on the snow-covered trampoline.


When they came in, we had homemade hot chocolate and chocolate chip muffins...yum!

We then spent the day just playing, and enjoying each other. It was a really, really great day.
8 comments:
SOMETIMES I wish we had snow days!
Snow days are GREAT. (I love freshly fallen snow but hate it when it gets all dirty and ugly ; )
It's wonderful to just get to stay home, isn't it.
I think I was just as excited as the kids! I love having a non scheduled day just to enjoy the kids. What a treat!
I wouldn't mind a snow day today. The boys have so many projects for school to finish I wish I could keep them home just to get them done and then we could have some play time too. Isn't it sad that I want to keep my child home from school to finish homework and they aren't even in high school yet.
I love those days too and am usually out in the snow WITH them! I love it! And we always have hot chocolate after playing- but I want the recipe for the muffins! YUM!
Snow days are the best. I think I was more excited then the kids were. I love cozy days at home in your pj's sipping hot chocolate and having no schedule but to enjoy your kids!
Our first snow came in bitter cold. There is no enjoying this stuff. You freeze if you even look at it.
I'll take the rest though:) Just don't make me play in it.
What a fun day!!! Choc. Chip muffins yummy!!!! :)
Post a Comment