Saturday, October 16, 2010

{goings-on}

What goes on at our house...

1. Family Pictures

If you've ever had these taken, you know exactly what I'm going to say. My good friend is an up and coming photographer, and thank goodness she has infinite patience and really loves us (plus she's really good at what she does). With four kids four and under, two babies that are not content to sit for any amount of time, the weather threatening imminent rain, a very enthralling cow (to the babies, anyway) and a limited amount of time before darkness, it was quite the experience. After about 5 minutes, I realized any and all expectations I had needed to be tossed right out the window.

I'm hoping that this experience is like childbirth, and that by next year, I'll be ready to try it again.

2. Hair Color Mishap

Somehow, last week I was able to make hair appointments for my girls the day of our family pictures, but didn't even think about the needing to touch up my highlights until it hit me the DAY BEFORE. So, after trying and failing to get an appointment of my own, I decided to take matters in to my own hands. I had highlighted my hair on my own once before, a couple years ago, but it was under direct supervision and with the advisement of my dear and beautiful friend Erica. However, I have a tendency to go full steam ahead once I get something in my head, and this case was no different. So, starting at 10pm, I went for it. I won't get into the ugly details, but let's just say at 12:30am I went to bed, hoping that it would look better in the morning.

It didn't.

Thank goodness for being the last appointment of the day, with a hair stylist that was able to fix and style my hair, plus cut and style the girls' hair, all within 1 1/2 hours. We had 30 minutes to spare.

3. 'Til death do us part...


Rick was taking some clients and staff to lunch last week, and since he needed a bigger vehicle, he took the Sequoia instead of his car. One the guys he works with turned to him and said, "So you DO have a nice car!".

Our poor little Maxima is on its last leg. It's the oldest member of our family, and has been around since before Ryan was born. It's hitting the 200,000 mile mark, and has taken our family all over the United States. Now it's content to take Rick to work (6 miles), and church (6 miles), and that's about it. But, we just can't justify spending money on a vehicle, when we have one that works.

4. When I grow up...

Kate: A jail taker
(someone who takes people to jail)

I can totally picture it. She's one tough cookie!

5. Little blessings

I go grocery shopping on Saturdays. Not my favorite day, but it definitely beats the alternative. Going with four littles? Not a chance. Going at night? No produce. So, I'm a Saturday shopper, which means it's busy, but it's also the day of samples. This week I was excited to see that they were focusing on gluten-free items, and so were all of their samples for the day. I tried some great products, received a bunch of coupons, and I even got a handbook that listed every one of their products that was gluten-free.

It was totally worth my 45 minute check-out wait.

6. Running Buddies


The weather was fabulous this week, and when my girls were at preschool, I decided it would be perfect opportunity to go running and take the boys. It's been a long time since I've been running with the jogging stroller, but I would much rather run with an extra 75 pounds, than be on the treadmill. I didn't hear a peep. I hope that the weather lasts, and will be nice enough for me to take advantage of running with the boys for at least a few more weeks.

.....

5 comments:

Rob and Toni said...

I hope you post some of your family pictures!

likeschocolate said...

I know what you mean about family photos. We haven't had one we like in years. I am dreaming!

Price is Right said...

I'm excited to see your family pictures! :)

Andee said...

I loved this post!! I could totally relate...well all but the jogging part! Hee hee! And I was laughing pretty hard about the maxima story, but I totally agree! Why get another car when it WORKS! When it doesn't work so well then it's a whole other story!!

Seth and Nicole said...

Fun to see your cute family. I just can't figure out how you find the time you do to blog. Interesting about your search for gluten free products for your daughter....my husband has been on a gluten free diet for 2 1/2 years (he also does no milk, soy, eggs so it gets a little complicated) but I have been amazed by all the things we have figured out. We should cat sometime.

Post a Comment