October is always such a blur. It's a good blur, though--jam packed with all those festivities and traditions we love!
1. Haunted Gingerbread Houses
We had so much fun last year making haunted gingerbread houses, we knew it had to be a tradition. It was just as big of a hit this year, but with the fantastic weather, we were able to be outside and enjoy the sun. One thing we didn't count on...it was so warm that the frosting got all melty, and the candy had a hard time sticking! No complaints though--it was wonderful!

2. Pumpkin Patch


Despite going in the early evening, the sun was shining directly across the pumpkins. It made for a beautiful day, but not very good pictures!
3. Caramel Apples
We dipped caramel apples for Family Home Evening--YUM! My personal favorite? Caramel, white chocolate, cinnamon & sugar, then nuts. It is fabulous.

4. Perfect weather
We've been really lucky this month, with beautiful days in the 60's. My babies love being outside, so I take them out whenever I can. Ryan is also my great helper, and will take them out while I'm making dinner. I wish it would last through November...



1. Haunted Gingerbread Houses
We had so much fun last year making haunted gingerbread houses, we knew it had to be a tradition. It was just as big of a hit this year, but with the fantastic weather, we were able to be outside and enjoy the sun. One thing we didn't count on...it was so warm that the frosting got all melty, and the candy had a hard time sticking! No complaints though--it was wonderful!

2. Pumpkin Patch


Despite going in the early evening, the sun was shining directly across the pumpkins. It made for a beautiful day, but not very good pictures!3. Caramel Apples
We dipped caramel apples for Family Home Evening--YUM! My personal favorite? Caramel, white chocolate, cinnamon & sugar, then nuts. It is fabulous.

4. Perfect weather
We've been really lucky this month, with beautiful days in the 60's. My babies love being outside, so I take them out whenever I can. Ryan is also my great helper, and will take them out while I'm making dinner. I wish it would last through November...



8 comments:
We also made carmel apples the other night. So yummy!
Loving the caramel apples.. You are so creative with your kids !! They are lucky !!
love all those same things!!! can't for the all the rest this season :)
We're going to make caramel apples for fhe this week, too... I can't wait. I don't know how many years it's been since I ate one!
So many nice pictures there and what a nice view from your yard. I love fall. Those apples look scrumptious!
Yummy--I love caramel apples, too.
So great when we have lovely fall weather, eh ; )
I love that Ryan is so helpful. One day he will make a GREAT dad.
Pumpkin patch pictures are always so great.
I love your traditions! And your kids are just darling!! Love the new pictures of them on the side of your blog!
What a perfect time of year. The haunted houses were so much fun and I loved the warm weather even if it meant melty houses!
Post a Comment