Tuesday, April 5, 2011

{children's museum}

We headed to a nearby Children's Museum this week, and the kids loved it. We actually had to pry them away--they did not want to leave! It's a smaller museum, but sometimes that's nice, because they can easily see everything there and enjoy it all.

The water area is so fun, but they really need some help designing new aprons. :) They do nothing to keep the water out, and basically any child who plays in the water comes out totally soaked. Like REALLY soaked. Unfortunately, I walked right out the door without the extra clothes, but that didn't stop them!

The boys loved the race track the best--they spent the most time there. I think Rick needs to build us one for the basement. :) The girls loved the water, and the ball machine, and Ryan really enjoyed the medical area. We saw several families we knew--it's always fun to see people you know away from home!


On the way home we stopped to eat, which is always a highlight. It's always so funny to see people's faces as we come through the door, and then sit down at a booth. There was one group that actually moved tables---not that I blamed them--we look pretty scary, I'm sure. I think my kids are pretty well-behaved in public, but they are kids--and those of you who have been out to eat with little kids in tow know exactly what I'm talking about!

I love this picture of Jack. I think we all felt a little bit like this while we were waiting for our food.


Yes, we have a lot of crazy moments when we go places as a family. Kids don't always get along, and sometimes they whine (gasp!). We can get impatient and frustrated with children who are not cooperating or being disobedient.

Every moment is not perfect, but somehow the collective moments become so.

9 comments:

Yvonne said...

Sounds like a great place to visit--we always loved going to those hands-on museums. Love the pictures.

LOL about someone changing tables. Kids will be kids, eh. I just love that picture of Jack--I think I have lots of pictures of Kyle (as a teenager waiting for food) with that same sort of look while waiting for food ; )

LAST SENTENCE OF THIS POST IS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lyndi said...

Fun! LOVE that pic of Jack!

Carn Family said...

That looks like such a great place. I am glad you had so much fun. That picture of Jack is priceless. We should go out to eat with you some time and see the looks we would get then!

Andee said...

Looks like a great museum! I wish I would have done more of that when my kids were younger! And you ate at Chili's right? The table and wall color were a giveaway!

Melissa said...

Such a great picture of your little guy! A picture is truly worth a thousand words. Only realistic parents can understand and be forgiving and remember we've all been there (or will be there!) at some point in time.

Melanie said...

Ditto to all comments above, and I've had people move seats before, too - in church - that's classy. But it's all worth it, and I agree with your concluding conclusion: I love it all so much, but not every individual moment!

likeschocolate said...

You should have seen the evil eye we were given when 4 moms and 13 children walked in the door. We just ignored them.

AngelaW said...

We love children museums too. Our boys end up soaked, and I never ever remember a change of clothes. I love watching them put on a costume and then role playing. I also love the way all the kids seem to work together and come up with such fun scenarios. Are your boys in the squealing/screaming phase? We are having a heck of a time with Logan when we take him anywhere. He is a squealer! We get a lot of dirty looks too.

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

I too love that picture of Jack. Tell him "thank you for the chuckle". What a cute little man!

Post a Comment