Sunday, April 17, 2011

It all started as a regular visit to Target. (Doesn't that sound ominous?)

Rick and I were at the tail end of our date night, and we wanted to go look for birthday and Easter gifts before heading home. We made the rounds around the store (actually I made the rounds, and Rick followed behind me, lol) and then of course I had to stop in the women's section to see what they had.

My eye caught the cutest ruffled tank tops, and ran over to check them out. They looked perfect to go under a cardi--it had a high enough neckline that I didn't have to wear a cami underneath, but I wasn't sure about the length. I was going back and forth between two sizes, but I really didn't feel like going all the way to the dressing room to try them on. I was just wearing a tee shirt, so I decided to try it on over my shirt to check the length.

So, I did just that. I put it on, found that the length was perfect, and took it off. I started browsing again, looking at some of the other colors, and was ready to start moving on, when I all of a sudden I heard Rick say (rather forcefully)...

"Your shirt!!!"

I looked down, and saw that I HAD NO SHIRT ON.

IN THE MIDDLE OF TARGET.

I had taken it off on accident, along with my tank top.

Rick grabbed me, and helped me down behind a rack of clothes so I could get dressed. Of course the tank top was entangled inside my shirt, and everything was inside out, so it took what seemed like forever to get everything undone and back on again.

Afterward I looked up, and saw a security camera right above me. I'm sure they got quite the show.

All I can say is, now I know what to say when people ask me about my most embarrassing moment!

15 comments:

Jana said...

Oh my goodness! I have to say that I just laughed really hard out loud! I am sorry it was at your expense but man, that was funny! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! Is it terrible that after a very audible gasp that I laughed out loud.

At least it will be something you can laugh about for years to come.

Andee said...

That is hilarious!!! I can't imagine how embarrassing that must have been, but thank heaven's Rick was with you or who knows how long you would have been walking around with NO shirt! LOL!!!!!

Kathryn said...

Man, I thought forgetting my bra under my swimsuit when I was 13 at the public pool was bad...this was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. Sorry it had to happen though.

Megs said...

That is hilarious. I just laughed out loud. I am sure Jeron thought I was laughing at him because he was the only one in the room. Good thing Rick could save the day. That is CLASSIC!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyla said...

I'm seriously crying - I'm laughing so hard. So funny!

Effie said...

This is about the funniest thing I have heard in the longest time. Is it appropriate to send to a missionary? I don't know but I know Nicole will love it so I am going to send it. I will warn her to keep her laughter to a low level in the library. Too funny. Thanks for letting us laugh with you!

Yvonne said...

That is way too funny. At least Rick was with you ; )

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

He he he!

Melanie said...

I am still laughing... red faced laughing, which I haven't done at the computer in a long time! I'm so sorry but I can't help it! Thank you so much for sharing - you're awesome =)

Eliza said...

That.was.awesome. Thanks for the laughs.

SOFTLEY FAMILY said...

I hope that someday you can have as good a laugh as I did. Thanks! Good thing your fast thinking hubby was there. :)

Carn Family said...

This is hands down my favorite story EVER! I laughed out loud on the plane just thinking of this. Thanks for making me smile.

Barbara said...

That is an AWESOME story! I'm so glad you shared it! :o)

Post a Comment