Rick and I were out for a little bit one night last week, and Ryan stayed home with the kids, who were all in bed. Just a normal night, right? Well it was, until we got home.
Rick turned the key in the lock, and tried to push open the door. It wouldn't budge.
We have safety latches on all of our doors, that fold across the very top of the door. We've had them for years, since Ryan was tiny and escaped out of our apartment. Our girls were also starting to go down the same escape artist career path, so the latches stayed on.
We knew immediately that Ryan must have closed the latch, which would have been fine, had he stayed awake. All of our children are very heavy sleepers like their mama, which is good, except in extreme cases like this one, lol. We must have rung the doorbell 500 times, at least, pounded on all the doors and windows within reach, and called the house 10 times over and over.
Nothing.
After 45 minutes of doing everything we think could of, we came to the inevitable conclusion...we had to break a window. I felt like we needed to call someone official, but what were they going to do? Break a window. So then the question became--which one?
The decision was finally made, so Rick got out the hammer, put on some gloves, and I went to the garage--I couldn't watch. It took a lot longer than I thought, and was much louder than I thought, but we were finally in. Still, nobody woke up.
The glass was swept up, the window boarded up, and this morning a glass replacement company came out to fix the glass.

.....
I think these came in the mail at just the right time. Or is that the wrong time? LOL.
(Yes, I ordered them online because not ONE store in town sells them.)

Rick turned the key in the lock, and tried to push open the door. It wouldn't budge.
We have safety latches on all of our doors, that fold across the very top of the door. We've had them for years, since Ryan was tiny and escaped out of our apartment. Our girls were also starting to go down the same escape artist career path, so the latches stayed on.
We knew immediately that Ryan must have closed the latch, which would have been fine, had he stayed awake. All of our children are very heavy sleepers like their mama, which is good, except in extreme cases like this one, lol. We must have rung the doorbell 500 times, at least, pounded on all the doors and windows within reach, and called the house 10 times over and over.
Nothing.
After 45 minutes of doing everything we think could of, we came to the inevitable conclusion...we had to break a window. I felt like we needed to call someone official, but what were they going to do? Break a window. So then the question became--which one?
The decision was finally made, so Rick got out the hammer, put on some gloves, and I went to the garage--I couldn't watch. It took a lot longer than I thought, and was much louder than I thought, but we were finally in. Still, nobody woke up.
The glass was swept up, the window boarded up, and this morning a glass replacement company came out to fix the glass.

.....I think these came in the mail at just the right time. Or is that the wrong time? LOL.
(Yes, I ordered them online because not ONE store in town sells them.)

2 comments:
Yes, it definitely is YOUR week. And, WOW--they must be heavy sleepers ; )
Glad you finally got in. (And it's all better today, eh--especially since those Cinnamon bears arrived.
I am so sorry to hear about the window! I have to laugh because earlier this week I was just looking at some places online to order cinnamon bears! I keep hoping I will find them somewhere but I think I will just have to order some like you did.
Post a Comment