Thursday, June 14, 2012

{at home with gramme & poppy}

My parents have really had the chance to have a lot of time with my kids over the last month.  They came to visit us, and to be here to stay with the kids while I was gone to Texas on both house hunting trips, which was wonderful--we literally could not have done it without them.

One of my trips had to be postponed at the last minute, and when it was re-scheduled, the flight was for the next day.  I was able to just go hop on a plane to meet Rick and be gone within 24 hours. Yes, it's TRUE!!! That NEVER happens when you have five kids and both of you are traveling--usually it's an insane amount of organizing, planning, juggling, and hours of preparation, so it was literally like a dream. I was even in first class, thanks to Rick's status--I pretended I was a great world traveler, me and my pink polka dot luggage, all the way to Detroit.  :) 

Okay, enough about me, lol.  Back on the home front, my parents had everything under control.  My dad took the kids to the park everyday (just wait until you see the contraption he made to take all four kids behind his bike) and played with them every minute of the day.  My mom did all the laundry, kept up our nightly chapter reading, made yummy treats, and they both kept the house so neat and clean!  They went on lots of adventures, had movie nights & sleepovers, went to breakfast, and had individual dates with the kids, which they are still talking about.

My mom took a bunch of pictures from their stay, including their trip to the Nature Center, and a few shots from around the house.  I'm so glad she did, because then I get a peek at all the fun they had!









 


The first trip I went on was seven days, which is the longest I have ever been away from my kids.  I missed them terribly, and all I wanted to do was kiss their fat cheeks, squeeze their arms and chubby hands, then look in their eyes and tell them how much I love them and missed them.

Thanks, Gramme &  Poppy, for a wonderful visit!  We love you!

3 comments:

Carn Family said...

Seriously...I wish your parents would adopt me!

Erica said...

They are AMAZING! You are one lucky lady :)

likeschocolate said...

I know it wasn't that long ago since you have posted pictures of Jack and Henry, but they are starting to look like little boys and not babies. Sigh! So glad your parents were able to come out and help. I bet your sister is sad you are moving so far away. Though maybe she is happy because of the pool.

Post a Comment