Friday, June 22, 2012

{emma's milestone}

Emma has some exciting news to report!!!  


She is now an official two-wheeler girl!  We got the call while we were in Texas, and we couldn't wait to get home and watch her in person!

Emma tends to be on the very cautious side, and doesn't really want to attempt something unless she's pretty certain it will come out alright in the end.  I'd been talking to her about taking her training wheels off for awhile, and I knew she really wanted to, but she was nervous that she wouldn't be able to do it, despite my encouragement. I could also tell that she didn't want to try for the first time in front of Kate--not because Kate wasn't supportive, but I understood. Sometimes the last thing you want to do is be vulnerable in front of someone who excels at the very thing you're trying to do, and I think that was the case here.  So, while we were gone, my dad took Emma outside all by herself, and she was up and going in no time.  She actually learned very quickly, and took to it like a natural!  

Now the girls are choreographing bike rides down the street and into the cul-de-sac, and it's so fun to watch them do it together.


Way to go, Emmagirl! You were so brave, and we're so proud of you!  We ♥ you!  


3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Congratulations, Emma. WAY TO GO!!!

Carn Family said...

Way to go Emma!

Erica said...

how exciting! what a brave girl :)

Post a Comment