Monday, December 30, 2013

{christmas break}

We LOVE Christmas break around here.  Rick always takes off the two weeks that the kids have off, which was especially needed this year.  It's also our last hurrah before busy season starts, and we try to fit in as much as we can before it's over.  This year, sickness prevented us from doing as much as we would have liked, but we've still been able to get things done around the house, and do some fun activities. Mostly we've just kept it low-key as we've recovered, and played a ton outside with friends and neighbors. The kids spend all day, every day outside, which is how it should be!  They play hard during the day, sleep hard at night, and wake up in the morning ready to do it all over again.  I've enjoyed being able to go running mid-morning, go shopping all by myself when I need to, and even read a few books!  We're almost finished a baby gate for the stairs, and started a sliding barn door for the girls' room door.  It's going to be so hard to see it all end!

Trips to Sam's Club are always a favorite...but I have a sneaking suspicion it's because of the hot dogs.  ☺


 I took the kids to see Frozen, which we all loved, and is easily the best animated film in a very long time.  The boys got a little antsy, which I wasn't surprised about, since they're not really into princesses, lol.  The girls, on the other hand, were spellbound.  And so was I!  I loved it too, and we can't wait to see it again. 



 I took the girls to a new salon to get their haircut, "Sweet & Sassy", and it was quite the place. Lol.  It was full of pink, purple, feather boas, and even a stage! After their haircuts, they got glitter spray, glitter hearts on their temples, and a fancy lollipop.  And yes...they can't wait to go back, although they're going to have to wait a couple of months.  Kate loves her hair short, and Emma is growing hers out for ballet.  She needs to be able to wear it in a ballet bun, so she's been very determined to have it be long.


We still have things on our list, like ice skating, the zoo, and plans with friends...can't wait!