Friday, December 27, 2013

{merry christmas}

What a lovely Christmas...truly.

Rick and I were determined to keep it simple this year (like we say every year) but it actually happened!  I love giving my kids things that they really want, and making it a magical Christmas, but I also don't want it to be too much--where they learn to expect more and more.  I proved it to myself that the simplicity would be just as wonderful as the years when they've had a ton of presents, and actually, it was even better.  I'm so glad I stuck to it, because it's usually me that comes across "just one more thing" in the store and cave in.  

It was also lovely because we didn't have to wake up super early! Everyone slept in past 6am, and we didn't actually get up until around 7am.  Stockings, presents, and a yummy breakfast--perfection.

Christmas with babies is SO SO fun!  Caroline was in love more with the paper than her presents, but it was just so fun to watch her move around the room and check everything out.











We spent the rest of the day just relaxing, playing games, and enjoying new gifts. It was totally low-key, and exactly what we needed.  

Merry Christmas!!!