Monday, December 16, 2013

{o christmas tree}

My favorite time of year is HERE!  Yay!!  The season always kicks off the Saturday after Thanksgiving, when we head to cut down our Christmas tree.  We decided to try a different tree farm this year, just to see what our options were, and what else was available.  We chose The Red Caboose Tree Farm, and it was darling!!

We took a fun hayride out to the trees, and quickly decided what kind we didn't want!  That was the easy part...the hard part was deciding which tree we did want.  Lots of people = lots of opinions, and it took us about an hour to come to a final decision. We all agreed that that hour was totally worth it, because we LOVE our tree, and think it might be the best yet! It's ten feet tall, round and full, and comes to a perfect point.  Lovely, lovely.

After the tree was cut, and hauled back to be baled, we headed over to the cutest vintage fire truck I've ever seen. I loved it for its cuteness--the kids loved it because it was a fire truck.  ☺ After playing for awhile, we loaded our tree on top of the car, and then went out to eat to celebrate our fantastic find.  It was a great day--one of the favorites of the whole season!!




I know this one is funny of Rick (sorry, babe!!), but I loved Miss Caroline's cute smile, so I added it anyway.  ☺



 The sun was bright, and I only had my iPhone, but I love this picture of my family with THE tree!


 I took this picture for two reasons:  1) the awesome distressed barn wood doors 2) the awesome quote. Ha!





Christmas is here!!