I'm so happy it's February! I love hearts and candy, chocolate and flowers, special dinners and the color red. I love Valentine's Day boxes and homemade valentines to go in them, and I really love a husband that surprises me with a girls' weekend in Chicago! :) I especially love that it's one month closer to spring! Here are a few more of my favorite February things---
Pocket Bibsters Disposable BibsBabylegs
These are perfect for those cooler spring and fall days to keep those adorable baby legs warm! It might be a little early to introduce these, but I love thinking about spring! Pair them with a onesie, or with a skirt to complete an outfit. You can look for them at www.babylegs.net, or there are also patterns available if you want to make your own. So fun!
Thick and Creamy Light Yoplait Yogurt
Can I just say DELICIOUS???!!! This is a fairly new product from Yoplait, and it is soooo good. The creaminess makes it taste like you're eating dessert, but with only 100 calories and no fat, it's the perfect snack or breakfast addition. Try the Lemon Custard---you won't believe how good it is! (sorry about the awful pic--it's the best I could do!)
Homemade frosting
It has been years since I purchased a can of frosting from the store. I much prefer the taste and texture of homemade frosting--hello...it's the butter! :)I have made it so many times that I can make it with my eyes closed. With Valentine's Day around the corner, it's perfect on yummy sugar cookies, heart cakes, or whatever else your "heart" desires! Try it--you'll never go back! I don't follow a recipe (I do it by texture and taste), but here is the general idea for my buttercream frosting:
Place the powdered sugar and butter in large mixing bowl, and begin beating with a handmixer on medium speed. Slowly add milk, until you receive desired consistency. It should be on the thicker side, but not too thick. Add salt and vanilla to taste, and mix well. Once completely mixed, turn the speed up and beat the frosting for another 30 seconds or so. This makes it creamy, and easier to spread. *I also like using other extracts, depending on what I'm making. Some of my favorites are lemon, mint, and almond.
Wilton products
I love Wilton products. They are durable, high quality, and last forever. This heart pan is so much fun to have, especially in February. I usually make a heart cake for Valentine's Day, and try a new recipe, and this year it's going to be a double fudge layer cake! I also love the Wilton sprinkles. I get the ones that have 4 different kinds in one jar, and I have them for every holiday and season! They get used a lot at our house, and they are the perfect touch for so many baked items.
Happy February all!
4 comments:
Such good ideas! I'll have to try some :)
I'm so sad to miss the girl's weekend due to a nursing baby :) Maybe next year!
I can't wait to try your frosting. I love finding a staple recipe :)
Great tips! I am with you on the Yoplait, I LOVE it!
I second the Wilton sprinkles. I think I have Valentine's, Halloween, and Christmas assortments all in my cupboard. It's hard to not buy them when I go to JoAnn's. Enjoy baking your Valentine sugar cookies... we're doing the same at our house!
Post a Comment