Saturday, February 9, 2008

I had a date last night...

with Ryan! I was the lucky one to take him on his monthly date, and we had such a great time! We had it scheduled for weeks, and he wrote it on the calendar to make sure nothing else was scheduled.



He wanted to see the movie "Water Horse: Legend of the Deep", which was playing at the local "dollar" movie (which is definitely not a dollar, but for some reason I can't help but refer to it as that). We both really enjoyed it, and it was definitely up his alley. I especially loved the fact that he sat in my lap for more than half the movie. :)


We went to dinner afterward to Fazoli's (his choice--one of his favorites!), and then headed to the mall to return a few things before it closed. Once they were returned, I mentioned that I wanted to go look at shoes (I know, I know, they're a weakness!) in another store. He gave me a look, and I said "Don't worry honey, I make dad do this on our dates too". :)

It was such a wonderful evening! I love date nights with him--he is so much fun, and it is the perfect time to spend some rare and precious one-on-one time with my baby boy!

4 comments:

sheri said...

How fun and sweet! Kyle and I have gone to the movies a few times on a Saturday afternoon, but I should make it a little bit more...maybe let him pick a restaurant for dinner and stuff.

Carn Family said...

Date nights are the best! It's little things like that, that your kids will remember and love! Glad you had fun.

Our Family Adventures said...

What a fun date! Great idea :)

smart mama said...

wtg- you good mom you!

Post a Comment