Monday, February 4, 2008

When you're a mother...

-your first thought when you're overcome with sickness and your husband has to work is about your children and how it's going to affect them.

-even when you think you might d.i.e. from the flu, you are running through your mind the nutritional value of goldfish, and wondering if it's okay to just let them eat what they want, just this once.

-and you've seen a bowl of chicken noodle soup spilled on the floor by an oldest child doing his best to watch his two younger sisters, you let it go--and remember that the bright yellow stain in the middle of the floor is not as important as he is, and that there are such things as steam cleaners.

-and your two adorable little girls have cried for 90% of the day, and you're still not feeling good, it's okay to be glad for bedtime. All of you need a little sleep...and maybe some chocolate.

-you know that you do have the strength to get through it, even if it's an hour at a time.

-the saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" really starts to make sense.

No matter what, home is still the best place on earth.

4 comments:

Carn Family said...

I so feel for you. I have been there and it is so hard to be the sick mama. I hope you are on the mend, but if not please call me and let me help. Hang in there!

Erica said...

Hopefully this is the worst and it will only get better here on out!

We're rooting for you to get better soon :)

Anonymous said...

Oh how awful!! I hope you feel better soon. And I would definatelly go for the chocolate.

Our Family Adventures said...

I am so sorry you and your family are not feeling well!! I hope you are on the mend.

Post a Comment