Wednesday, January 14, 2009

{what's a girl to do?}

A good friend of mine and her daughter called last night and offered to come and take my girls for the whole day! (I could hear angels singing in the background during the conversation.) So, this morning I got them dressed, packed their bag, and told them they got to go "shoppin'" (one of their favorite things).

Now that they've gone, I am faced with a conundrum...now what? Do I use this time to catch up on the 4 loads of laundry sitting in my laundry room? Pay the bills? Clean the bathrooms? Scrub the baseboards and clean the windows? All of these are projects that really need to be done, and are vastly easier without 2 little girlies underfoot.

Or, do I ignore it all (or most of it) and read, watch movies, catch up on blogs, and take a nap?

Hmmmm...maybe I'll start with a nap and go from there. :)

12 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Enjoy your time and split the difference read while doing the laundry.

Yvonne said...

Whatever you choose to do, ENJOY!!!!

Carn Family said...

Ignore the chores. I promise you getting laundry done is far easier with kids around than taking a nap is. Enjoy your day...what a blessing!

Swimmingmom said...

What a great friend! Oooh throw in a load of laundry, take nice long nap, and then do some other fun things. Enjoy your time!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

Come over! We'll make caramel popcorn, watch a movie and laugh! :) If only! I hope you have a fantastic day! I think a pedicure might be a good choice as well :)

Erica said...

have fun and do everything YOU WANT to do. when else do you get a break like that!!!

Jewels said...

I can't wait to hear what you did with your day off!!! I hope you had a fabulous day!!!

luckyduck said...

Wow, what a nice friend! Hope you had a wonderful day.

Melanie said...

Kierste, I hope you chose the path through those things that brought you the most satisfaction during the day. Sometimes, it's not always what I would have thought I would do, but at the end (I have an amazing MIL who has done this for me) I feel like I've pressed a "reset" button, and I'm able to head back into the fray more easily. Can't wait to hear =)

Barbara said...

Don't you think that housework is way easier to do with people around (no matter the size) than relaxing is?! I have been in that situation a few times myself and always felt compelled to "get some work done". But the few times I have decided to "take the day off", it has really be rewarding. I know this is a day late, and now I want to know what you did do. :o) Hope it was lovely.

Company EIGHT said...

Thank you all! It was a lovely day, and I mixed a little work and play, which was quite satisfying. I ended up paying the bills (which is infinitely harder with little ones, because I really need to concentrate), then making myself lunch, reading, and watching movies. It was wonderfully relaxing, and definitely energized me for the rest of the week!

Oh and Tara, I would be there in a heartbeat!!!

Megs said...

Can I buy me a friend like that. Holy cow I would give anything for that phone call.

Post a Comment