
I love the first day of school. I loved it when I was young, and I love it now. There is just something so exciting about new pencils and binders, choosing an outfit, packing a backpack, seeing your friends again, and getting a new teacher. It also marks the beginning of fall, my favorite season of all!
Unfortunately, it wasn't the morning I would have wished for Ryan today, because I spent the early hours of the morning in the ER with Henry, who was running a high temp. After getting home at 4am, I wasn't super awake at 7am, but by the time he left, I was ready to do my motherly duty and take the his picture per tradition. I think we'll have to re-schedule the big breakfast for tomorrow!
Today is also a big day, because it's our anniversary! I have to laugh, since there isn't much difference in how we celebrated when we were first married, and now. In the beginning, we were poor students that couldn't afford much. Now we have too many kids! :) We did get to celebrate last weekend when we got away without the kids for a day, and it was wonderful. I'm also banking on next year...
Happy Anniversary babe--it's been an amazing 14 years, and I'm looking forward to many, many more.
Yikes! Weren't we young??
Then:


Now:



And yes, I did search for a picture of us together, but those are hard to come by.
At least one that I approve of. :)
Unfortunately, it wasn't the morning I would have wished for Ryan today, because I spent the early hours of the morning in the ER with Henry, who was running a high temp. After getting home at 4am, I wasn't super awake at 7am, but by the time he left, I was ready to do my motherly duty and take the his picture per tradition. I think we'll have to re-schedule the big breakfast for tomorrow!
Today is also a big day, because it's our anniversary! I have to laugh, since there isn't much difference in how we celebrated when we were first married, and now. In the beginning, we were poor students that couldn't afford much. Now we have too many kids! :) We did get to celebrate last weekend when we got away without the kids for a day, and it was wonderful. I'm also banking on next year...
Happy Anniversary babe--it's been an amazing 14 years, and I'm looking forward to many, many more.
Yikes! Weren't we young??
Then:


Now:



And yes, I did search for a picture of us together, but those are hard to come by.
At least one that I approve of. :)
18 comments:
Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! It is always amazing to look back and see all that has happened. Is everything ok with Henry??
I finally got to see your wedding ring !!! ;)
I hope Henry is feeling better.
I always loved the first day of school, too. I had a hard time falling asleep the night before. Hope Ryan had a great first day.
Happy Anniversary.
Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many many more years to come.
I can't believe it's been that long. Happy Anniversary to you guys. The pictures of the "then" are great. It's funny to see all those old yet familiar faces. Here's hoping to many more.
What temple was that? And why wasn't I there!!! You played piano at my ring ceremony so I have a pic of you that my photographer took- I should make you a copy! And yes we were young!! But I wouldn't change a thing!! Happy anniversary!!
So much to say:) I have some pics of you guys I could post! LOL. Actually I have some really good ones of your little family of 3 back when I visited you. I wonder if I ever sent them to you. Hope Henry is doing OK and the rest of the family is staying healthy. Tell Ryan to have a great year!
Happy anniversary. Ryan is getting so big. I love the first day of school as well. I am so excited autumn is on its way and I can feel it. Wahoo!
Is Henry okay?
Thanks for asking about Henry--he is doing much better, and thankfully it's not serious. It's so scary when these little ones get sick--so many more possibilities when their immune systems aren't quite developed.
Andee--it was the St. George Temple, and I don't know why you weren't there! I wish you were!
I remember your ring ceremony, and reception...it was beautiful, and so fun!
Happy Anniversary! Can't believe summer's over already.
Happy Anniversary! Glad you posted that Henry is doing better, and hope you all are healthy. And seriously, Ryan is so grown up....and tall! :) And Fall is my favorite season too! I have so many WONDERFUL memories at Uncle John's Cider Mill and pumpkin patches ... I feel like that has contributed to my love of Fall :)
Happy anniversary (late!) Thanks for sharing the wedding pictures. I always love seeing how people looked on their wedding day. You were a beautiful bride!:)
Is Henry okay? Poor baby - and poor you. I hope you were able to make up the big breakfast the next day. You are still super mom!
I hope you had a great anniversary!!!! Greg and I are coming up on our first next month! It comes so fast!!! I hope Henry is feeling better! Poor little guy!
Also I updated our blog! If you have a chance check it out! :)
Aww.. I remember those days when you guys first met !! :) Where was I at your wedding? Some friend I was :) Happy Anniversary Guys !!
Post a Comment