Friday, September 11, 2009

{the nursery...and other randomness}

I finally finished the nursery. Almost. I have one more smaller half wall that needs something, but that shouldn't take too much time. It's in our loft-like bonus room and doesn't have much wall space, but I love the simplicity of it. It's exactly what I wanted.



Other random items:

*Ryan is at his first Scout campout tonight. One of us may need to go get another job to finance his Scouting...it cost a small fortune to get everything he needed. He is super excited though, especially when I told him he needed to pack clothes that it didn't matter if they were stained, ruined, or burned. "That could really happen??" he asked. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything about that.

*It is amazing the things you learn when you take your 3 year old girls with you exercising. For example:

1. Cattails look like hot dogs.
2. They can't make it 1 mile (sitting in the jogger, mind you)without stopping at home for a snack. Must be hard work to sit and enjoy the scenery.
3. I can sing "I'm a Little Teapot" 10 times before being totally out of breath. It also looks really funny to any cars that might be passing by when you are demonstrating the spout and the handle.

*Cuddling is a good thing.


*Kate informed me that the way she tells the babies apart is that Henry has the biggest head, and Jack has the littlest head.

Hmmmmm. She's right.

10 comments:

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Love it!

Yvonne said...

Fun. The nursery looks great.

As a mom of several boys who went through scouting--TOTALLY UNDERSTOOD ; )

Hooray for you out running.

Erica said...

Your decorating looks beautiful as always. You've definitely got a knack for it.

The cuddling...too sweet. I'm tempted to put Brooklyn in the crib with Addison just to try and get such a sweet picture ;)

bluestocking mama said...

wow--running with 2 3-yr-olds. you go! and the nursery looks wonderful

Courtney said...

It looks great!

Stephanie Lowe said...

i love the chocolate brown nursery...so cute! those boys are adorable and i love when they snuggle and you can't tell whose arms and legs are whose!

myndie said...

i love the picture of those two cute boys!! if anyone can have five kids and do a fabulous job, it is you! keep up the good work.

Andee said...

LOVE the nursery! I love the simplicity!

Carn Family said...

The nursery is sweet and simple and beautiful. I love the random thoughts, they made me smile. And as for the cuddling picture....wow, it almost makes me want to have twins it is so dang cute!

Jedda said...

Your nursery is amazing! I wish I could have seen the handle and the spout :)

Post a Comment