Tuesday was one of those days. My schedule was packed all day long, and I still had several items that evening to attend to. I had meeting at 7pm, and Rick was supposed to be home around 6:50pm so I could get out the door. He called, saying he would be late.
I was sitting in the truck, ready to back out. As soon as he came up the driveway, I was off with a wave.
When I got to the meeting, I turned my phone to vibrate. After it was over, and on my way to my next appointment, I checked my messages. The first one I listened to was Rick's frantic voice, telling me he couldn't find Henry. He had searched the whole house--every bed and bedroom, the pack 'n play, the swings, their crib, and any other place he could think of.
I checked the next message. He had just gone to check and see if the car seat was in the mudroom, just in case.
It was gone.
Oops.
I forgot to tell him I took Henry.
I guess that's one of those details you shouldn't leave out.

I was sitting in the truck, ready to back out. As soon as he came up the driveway, I was off with a wave.
When I got to the meeting, I turned my phone to vibrate. After it was over, and on my way to my next appointment, I checked my messages. The first one I listened to was Rick's frantic voice, telling me he couldn't find Henry. He had searched the whole house--every bed and bedroom, the pack 'n play, the swings, their crib, and any other place he could think of.
I checked the next message. He had just gone to check and see if the car seat was in the mudroom, just in case.
It was gone.
Oops.
I forgot to tell him I took Henry.
I guess that's one of those details you shouldn't leave out.

15 comments:
HE must have been freaking out. I could completely relate to this entire post.
Oh NO! Okay, that totally made me so anxious...and then I laughed! :)
I should not laugh at this, but I have done that so many times. I would for get to take Haley when she was a baby because she was so quite. I would be pulling out of the drive way and then remember that she was still in bed.
haha! a side effect of having twins?
Poor Rick! At least you didn't leave Henry in the car.
Oh my goodness. You had me worried there for a minute! That's funny though.
Poor guy, that must have been very scary for him.
BTW, what a great hubby.
That is pretty funny, but not all at the same time...poor husband! I can just picture it :)
HAHA minor detail :) Adorable pictures!!!!!!!!
How scary for Rick!
It's good to know he noticed he was missing one.
o.m.gosh. I'm going right now to tell Jeff this story. I can't even imagine Rick's feelings that his son was completely gone. I was panicked reading it, too. I'm so happy about the ending of your story. =) What a doll he is.
I have been thinking about this, and I say congrats to Rick. Pretty sure, Tyler would'nt have noticed!
That was pretty funny! I bet Rick was nervous!
Poor Rick!!
Post a Comment