Wow. It's now time to take a breath. So many good things, so little time.
1. Halloween Gingerbread Houses
What fun we had making these! Of course a bunch of candy and frosting doesn't hurt, either. Each child's personality came through on their house...Emma was Miss Do-it-Herself ( you can probably tell which house is hers), Kate was mostly concerned about which candy had the best colors, and Ryan was meticulous as he created his house. It will definitely become a tradition at our house! Oh, and you have to love Kate and Emma's bling. It kills me. They even wore it to church. You gotta love what you can get in the grocery store aisle!

2. Halloween Party...Little Girl style
My friend and I decided to throw a party for our girls and a few friends. We played games--ghost bean bag toss, mummy wrap, and donut on a string. Spidery fingernails were next on the agenda, followed by a yummy menu of pretzel spiders, Nutter Butter ghosts, witch's brew, and the ever traditional decorated sugar cookie.

3. Halloween Night
One of the best nights of the year, in my book! I love the excitement in the air, the yummy food, the feeling of family and community, all the fun costumes, and getting together with friends. We enjoyed a delightful dinner of mummy hot dogs and carrot fingers for the kids, and pulled pork sandwiches and pasta salad for the adults. We topped it off with apple cider and Halloween cookies--yum! Trick-or-treating didn't last as long as usual for the little ones...it was FREEZING outside. They are easy to please though, and were thrilled with all the candy the got. After we got home, I put the kids to bed while Rick took Ryan out to another neighborhood.
Oh, and you'll notice I don't have one picture of Mr. Ryan in his costume. For some reason, as he gets older in years, his love of posing for the camera diminishes exponentially. I had my chance at our trunk-or-treat a few weeks ago, but of course I forgot my camera and didn't nary a picture. Take my word for it though--he was awesome as a mad scientist, complete with a very official chemist's flask, borrowed from a good friend, who is indeed, a full-fledged chemist.





Happy Halloween all!!
1. Halloween Gingerbread Houses
What fun we had making these! Of course a bunch of candy and frosting doesn't hurt, either. Each child's personality came through on their house...Emma was Miss Do-it-Herself ( you can probably tell which house is hers), Kate was mostly concerned about which candy had the best colors, and Ryan was meticulous as he created his house. It will definitely become a tradition at our house! Oh, and you have to love Kate and Emma's bling. It kills me. They even wore it to church. You gotta love what you can get in the grocery store aisle!

2. Halloween Party...Little Girl style
My friend and I decided to throw a party for our girls and a few friends. We played games--ghost bean bag toss, mummy wrap, and donut on a string. Spidery fingernails were next on the agenda, followed by a yummy menu of pretzel spiders, Nutter Butter ghosts, witch's brew, and the ever traditional decorated sugar cookie.

3. Halloween Night
One of the best nights of the year, in my book! I love the excitement in the air, the yummy food, the feeling of family and community, all the fun costumes, and getting together with friends. We enjoyed a delightful dinner of mummy hot dogs and carrot fingers for the kids, and pulled pork sandwiches and pasta salad for the adults. We topped it off with apple cider and Halloween cookies--yum! Trick-or-treating didn't last as long as usual for the little ones...it was FREEZING outside. They are easy to please though, and were thrilled with all the candy the got. After we got home, I put the kids to bed while Rick took Ryan out to another neighborhood.
Oh, and you'll notice I don't have one picture of Mr. Ryan in his costume. For some reason, as he gets older in years, his love of posing for the camera diminishes exponentially. I had my chance at our trunk-or-treat a few weeks ago, but of course I forgot my camera and didn't nary a picture. Take my word for it though--he was awesome as a mad scientist, complete with a very official chemist's flask, borrowed from a good friend, who is indeed, a full-fledged chemist.





Happy Halloween all!!
15 comments:
all too cute!
so cute!
Didn't Ryan dress up? It looks like you have one disgruntel frog. Darling! I love the girls costumes and the orange finger nail paint. Glad you guys had a good time!
Darling! I love pictures of your twins (both sets)!
cute pics! thanks for sharing!
What a fun night and holiday! the girls and boys are adorable!!!
I love the frogs, and the girls look adorable. How fun!!! I need to drag my pics off my camera! I also love the division in ages as they get older: whoever wants to help pass out candy at home with Mommy can be done, whoever wants to go for the marathon stays out with Dad. Then they keep their candy separate for a few days, and dump it all together after that, so someone isn't eating their candy until Christmas all by themselves! Oh, and the best part of all: the gathering out of some choice candies to stuff stockings with. They never miss it, and they get half the tooth decay for 2 holidays!
Love the idea of the Halloween gingerbread houses.
You are so great to do a party for your girls and friends. You amaze me.
The girls look so adorable all dressed up and the babies--cute, cute, cute.
Wow! And I thought I was busy!! But it all looked fun!! :)
What a fun night. I love that last picture with the boys and the girls!
The gingerbread houses are adorable. I think I may have to replace the dreaded sugar cookie making with gingerbread houses next year. What a great idea!
Your kids look so cute all dressed up. I love the frog costumes. And your girls are gorgeous as always!:)
cute, cute, cute!
cute family. What fun times.
Your kids are too cute. I love the costumes.
Okay on a side note. Where on earth do you find the time to manage 5 kids, 3 blogs, amazing activities, creative crafts,and all you do. I am way impressed. I looked at all the things you have done and I am overwhelmed just thinking about it. I am going to have to do some of the things. I think you should email me your schedule. Help me get organized so I can be half the super mom that you are. I am totally serious. You inspire me!!
What a good mom! What a fun mom! What a talented woman! :) Super cute kids and pictures and ideas!!!
Post a Comment