Our "major" anniversaries have found us doing other major things---like moving, undergoing IVF, and having babies. Our time and money just had to go other places besides a trip, and that has always been okay with me. Not because I didn't want to go, but because those other things were more important, and I knew our time would come.
This year was proving to be the same. Rick's work schedule was busy, it was the peak week of my training runs, and school was starting. Add in two babies, plus three other kids, and the odds of us getting away were low.
Or so I thought.
-----------
Early last Friday morning, I was pulling into the garage after my long run, when I saw a little card tucked into the door leading into the house. I found it odd, and my mind started wondering which one of my friends had sneaked into my garage! When I got closer, I saw that it was a note from Rick, with instructions for me to be packed and ready by 2pm, and that everything had been taken care of--dinner, hotel, kids--it was all set.
Usually I'm the one that's doing most of the planning, and I love it so much that I was surprised to see how much I enjoyed just being able to not think about all the little details. Because of our very kind and generous friends, the kids were well taken care of, and I was really able to let go and enjoy myself.
The weekend was full of shopping, eating, and total relaxation. Thanks to a husband who thought of everything, and very sneaky (but wonderful) friends, it was perfect.
-------------
In honor of our anniversary, here are a few pics of the early years:
(oh, and don't mind the picture quality. These are pictures of pictures, taken from a scrapbook.)
At the zoo
This year was proving to be the same. Rick's work schedule was busy, it was the peak week of my training runs, and school was starting. Add in two babies, plus three other kids, and the odds of us getting away were low.
Or so I thought.
-----------
Early last Friday morning, I was pulling into the garage after my long run, when I saw a little card tucked into the door leading into the house. I found it odd, and my mind started wondering which one of my friends had sneaked into my garage! When I got closer, I saw that it was a note from Rick, with instructions for me to be packed and ready by 2pm, and that everything had been taken care of--dinner, hotel, kids--it was all set.
Usually I'm the one that's doing most of the planning, and I love it so much that I was surprised to see how much I enjoyed just being able to not think about all the little details. Because of our very kind and generous friends, the kids were well taken care of, and I was really able to let go and enjoy myself.
The weekend was full of shopping, eating, and total relaxation. Thanks to a husband who thought of everything, and very sneaky (but wonderful) friends, it was perfect.
-------------
In honor of our anniversary, here are a few pics of the early years:
(oh, and don't mind the picture quality. These are pictures of pictures, taken from a scrapbook.)
At the zoo

Wearing suits, and on our way to work! Rick and I both worked in downtown Salt Lake City, for the same bank. Our offices were on different floors, but we were able to take breaks and lunch together. We loved it. This picture was taken at my parents' house, as we dropped Ryan off for the day.

Happy Graduation!

Ryan's blessing day

Meeting my sister at the airport, just home from her mission

Happy Anniversary, babe.

10 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!! You guys are so awesome.
Wow. Happy Anniversary you guys! It seems like forever ago we were at your wedding. I think we might be getting old. HA HA!! How wonderful your surpise was. Good times!
Nothing beats time away with just you and your hubby. I am so glad you were able to go and enjoy being kid free, if only just for a night. P.S. LOVE all the cute pictures!
Happy Anniversary!! What a good husband.
What are you training for? Good luck!
That is soooo great! What a great guy you have!! Glad you were able to get some "US" time! ;)
I'm so glad you guys were able to get away and have such a fun time by yourselves - and i'm absolutely loving all the old pictures - too cute!!!
Happy Anniversary! I must say we have awesome husbands!! Rob did such an awesome job at surprising me for our anniversary this year I couldn't believe it!
Too cute! I love all the pics! You guys are adorable. So fun that you guys got to get away. Happy Anniversary!
What a nice surprise, how thoughtful!
What a sweetie.
Happy Anniversary. (Isn't it fun to look at early pictures ; )
You are such an inspiration with your running--and the numerous other things you do.
Post a Comment