Wednesday, September 15, 2010

{out of the mouths of babes}

Kids are hands down the best entertainment around. There really is nothing funnier than some of the things they say, and at our house, we love to laugh about them time and time again.

Right now, my girls are in the most hilarious phase. Seriously, they say something that cracks me up every day, which is good, because it makes it easier when they're naughty. :)

I have committed myself to writing them down, because as much as I think I'll remember, I never do. Here are a few of the most recent...

................

(as she's pulling and tugging at her pajama top)
Kate: I'm stretching these pajamas out, so I can wear them when I grow up.

...............

Me: How did that marker get on the door?
Emma: Something made me trip. That's how I got marker on the door.
Me: What made you trip?
Emma: Mr. Trip.

...............

Me: (talking to Ryan) I need you to get your Scout shirt so I can iron it before we leave.
Kate, to me: I didn't know you could iron.

Sassy Sue. In my defense, I DO know how to iron. I just don't get a lot of practice. :) Rick has been the chief iron-er in our house since we got married, and I don't think Kate has ever seen me iron!

...............

(trying to get her to try some bites of her dinner)
Kate: I will try it, if you give me 4 pennies out of your wallet.

If only she knew how tempted I was to accept her offer...it would have been worth every penny. Lol. Too bad I didn't want to set a precedent for bribery.

...............

(as I'm putting them to bed)
Emma: You sure are a busy mom. You just work, work, work, all day long. You must be ready to get your girlies settled down for the night.

How right you are, Miss Emma girl.

.................

Kate: I'm never getting married.
Me: Why not?
Kate: Because I do NOT want to kiss a boy.

Can we please remember this conversation when you're sixteen?

.................


8 comments:

Our Family Adventures said...

CUTE!!!

Lyndi said...

LOL! Too funny! I LOVE the pennies and ironing ones.

twinkietotmom said...

Love it! I am constantly asking my husband, "What did we do for entertainment before having kids?" because you're right, they truly are all the entertainment we need in our house!

Rob and Toni said...

Those are hilarious! I'm glad you write them down...I hope to do that too...someday ;)

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad you are writing them down--too cute.



The "I didn't know you could iron" reminds me of when my little missionary and I were talking about a cake for his birthday and I said, "Oh I'll make you a cake" and he said, "YOU know how to make a cake." And, I said, "Of course" and then he got so excited and asked, "With frosting????"

Andee said...

I love that post!! I love the things kids say- gets me through my days!! :)

mom4inspiration said...

This is so cute, great idea!

Melanie said...

It's been a while since I laughed loud enough at a post that Jeff came in to see what's up. =) Thank you. And Cute Cute pictures, totally inspires me, because I used to do that more, and manipulate the pics afterward. And Jeff irons, too. Even my stuff. It's just how it ended up - Not that I don't know HOW. lol.

Post a Comment