Wednesday, September 1, 2010

{saying goodbye to summer}


Tell-tale signs that summer is on its way out...
  • crisp morning air
  • longing looks at the sweaters in my closet
  • lingering over my soup recipes
  • thinking about fall decorations a little too much
  • imagining nights curled up around the fire, with a good book and cup of hot chocolate
  • school starting, and getting back into a routine
Fall is my absolute favorite season, and I love everything about it.
As soon as September 1st hits, I'm ready for all things autumn.


  • cider mills & pumpkin patches
  • toasted pumpkin seeds
  • brilliantly colored leaves
  • comfort foods--creamy soups, hearty stews, baked goods, & delicious breads
  • pumpkins on the porch
  • Halloween costumes
  • pumpkin carving
  • cider & doughnuts
  • cozy sweaters
  • caramel apples
  • nights by the fire
  • family & friends
I can't wait!


11 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Happy Fall! We still have 94 degrees on our therm. Hopefully, it will be a little cooler in Italy. I am looking forward to wearing my sweaters and a scarf.

Andi said...

When I think of you, I certainly think of fall. Maybe it's because I've seen so many of your family pictures in the fall with sweaters! :)

I'm not that emotionally attached to items. But, after a few years in the desert of not wearing a single thick sweater, I finally donated them all... I loved them and was sad to them go, but knew they were just taking up space!

Megs said...

I am with you on this one. I love Autumn. Love it.

Erica said...

i too am SOOO longing for fall...i even made like 10 quarts of chicken noodle soup last weekend and stuck them in the freezer because i can't wait to enjoy them in the upcoming cold months!!!

Yvonne said...

I love fall, even if it means winter is on its way.

When I read your list, I had to stop and think about doughnuts and cider--YUMMY.

bluestocking mama said...

i wish that were us! autumn is the most depressing season in arizona

Andee said...

I am soooo with you!! I have been thinking about my fall decorations a lot the last few days! Now I just need to get them out!!

Swimmingmom said...

Ooooh, I just got chills thinking about fall too and reading your list. My absolute favorite as well!

Bilary said...

I completely agree! We are dying to dehydrate apples here - just a couple more weeks. I LOVE fall.

Melanie said...

With it snowing on May 24th, and then even chilly ON THE 4th OF JULY, our summer was so short. The twins' clothes aren't even properly stained yet from all the summer food we should have eaten!! I'm just NOT ready for fall, but how can you deny it when you keep waking up to a 62 degree house? (We've got to replace these thermastats that don't allow for dual conditioning! It's on the list!) I'm excited, but I feel profoundly unfulfilled. =) Happy Fall!

myndie said...

i am not as excited as you:( i feel like summer flew by and i want to cling to it a little longer....although i do LOVE drinking hot chocolate!

Post a Comment