Monday, September 20, 2010

{week of firsts}

It's that time of year again! As a child, I loved school, and looked forward to the first day all summer. Even now, I get caught up in the excitement--buying supplies, deciding what to wear on the first day, choosing the "first day of school dinner", and learning about teachers and friends. Maybe it's because it goes along with my favorite season, but it's always a fun week at our house.

The girls started their second year of preschool, and have been itching to get back to see their teachers. We made new tote bags that they haven't stopped carrying around since, and it's never hard to get them motivated in the mornings to get ready. It's a coop preschool, so I also have the opportunity to spend time in the classroom with them once or twice a month. I love seeing them in that atmosphere--I feel like you can learn a lot about your child when you can view them in a different environment.

There is also an upside for me, too. For a few hours a week, I only have the boys home with me, and it gives me the chance to spend some time just with them. It also makes it a lot easier to run a few errands with two children, as opposed to four. Usually I just can't go during the day, but I might be able to this year!


It was also the first week of ballet. I'm not sure if they're more excited about the dancing, or the fact they get to wear a leotard, tights, and ballet shoes.




Ryanboy (Yes, I still call him that. I think he'll be 30 years old, and he will still be my Ryanboy.) started 6th grade, and he allowed me one picture before he left for school. Unfortunately, it turned out totally blurry, so I guess he lucked out. I guess you'll just have to take it from me...he looked pretty handsome!

P.S. One more important first...Jack Jack is now walking too! It didn't take him too long to catch up with his brother, and now with two little ones walking around, it's definitely time for some baby proofing!


8 comments:

Carn Family said...

What a big week. The girls are getting so big. And who ever thought shopping with only 2 kids was going to seem like a break!

Erica said...

So fun - everyone is growing up way too fast! And i think you're a mighty brave woman to even head out with 2 one year olds :)

Andee said...

Growing up is so fun!! And a little more free time for Mom is always a bonus!! (even if you do still have 2 little ones)

Yvonne said...

I bet the boys love their time with you all to themselves--well they get to share you, but I'm sure they love it ; )

I hope the girls have a great year.

Funny even after all these years I still remember my first days of school I was always so excited and loved watching my children head off to school

Price is Right said...

The girls are so cute! They are getting so big!

Melanie said...

Your girls are so pretty. I can't wait to get the girls in dance... first my little K has to potty train herself (totally knows what to do, does it for treats, but can't be bothered with it during play). I even bought the leotards, tights & skirts. When she saw them & heard the conditions, she went straight to the toilet... then got off playing and forgot the rest of the day. =) Sweet little one.

myndie said...

enjoy shopping with two kiddos...and when people say, "you have your hands full" you can just smile:) love the pics of your kids and what a fun trip. way to go ryan!

p.s. happy (late, but thoughtful) birthday kierste!!

myndie said...

i mean way to go rick :)

Post a Comment