1. The stockings lasted all of one day...if that. It's the heavy stocking hangers! One little pull on the stocking just within reach, and down it all comes--right on top of their head. ER visits would not make our Christmas merrier, lol.
2. A shepherd from our Nativity set nearly was burned to death after being placed in the stove burner.
3. The advent calendar full of candy is a big hit. It hangs in the hallway, which they pass at least 42 times an hour---pointing and squealing. They don't really get the "once per day" concept.
4. Usually the tree is a huge issue, and this year I tried to keep ornaments on the bottom half to a bare minimum. However, we got a type of tree we've never had before, and it is SO poky. Even though I don't love it, it might be worth it--the boys don't touch it!
5. There will be no presents under our tree until they are in bed Christmas Eve. Yikes.
These boys are darling. I love them to pieces. I can't wait to see what they think of Santa Claus!
2. A shepherd from our Nativity set nearly was burned to death after being placed in the stove burner.
3. The advent calendar full of candy is a big hit. It hangs in the hallway, which they pass at least 42 times an hour---pointing and squealing. They don't really get the "once per day" concept.
4. Usually the tree is a huge issue, and this year I tried to keep ornaments on the bottom half to a bare minimum. However, we got a type of tree we've never had before, and it is SO poky. Even though I don't love it, it might be worth it--the boys don't touch it!
5. There will be no presents under our tree until they are in bed Christmas Eve. Yikes.
These boys are darling. I love them to pieces. I can't wait to see what they think of Santa Claus!
9 comments:
You should check out the Lego advent calendars! I LOVE them!!
Maybe the poky tree was a good idea. And I am sure this sounds bad, but the burning shepherd thing just made me laugh and laugh! I am crossing my fingers for you for no ER visits.
Sounds like our house. I have at least 2 broken ornaments. Roman's advent calender lasted an hour because I could not take the crying. Christmas presents have always not come out until Christmas morning because I remember as a child sneaking looking at the gift and then rewrapping them. I know! Happy Holidays!
stockings...I remember this our solution we hung them on the wall(out of reach) with 3M hangers! Have a fun Christmas and hopefully the rest of your Nativity stays char free!!
I have the Little People Nativity and Drummer Boy set. They get played with, but not like my "special" glass and ceramic sets. Trey just got off time-out for breaking one of the wisemen. I keep telling myself that someday I'll admire the hot glue gun lines and miss this stage more than the actual wisemen! I'm not fooling myself... yet! ;) He was determined that he was going to be soft... but 2 year old boys and soft just don't mix. Good thing your a glue gun pro!
This post made me laugh so hard! Just so you know, 2 year old Christmas is not much better! I am holding out for 3 year old Christmas....
Love the poky tree! You're so funny! My husband has been begging me to take down the heavy stocking holders, but I keep telling him, "it will be fine..." Hopefully :-)
Just noticed the quote on the sidebar from Ben Franklin, LOVE IT!
This makes me grateful I didn't get the hearth I wanted. =) Mine is flush with the floor, so the littles can't reach the stockings, but I love a raised hearth!!! Good luck with the deco - it's me next year with Little Mobile Boy.
Laughed out loud about the poky tree--hope that doesn't make me sound mean, but I think that's exactly what I would do.
Sorry about the stockings.
I know you will, but I just have to add--ENJOY ; )
Post a Comment