Tuesday, December 14, 2010

{snow day}


It's going to be a white Christmas!

We were really hoping that at least a little snow would arrive before December 25th, and our wish was definitely granted. The first snow is always so incredibly beautiful, and I just love looking out my window and seeing all the trees covered with white.


The babies love being outside, but this was to be their first snow adventure. I couldn't get their snow clothes on fast enough--they were so anxious to get out there with Ryan and the girls. They kept on taking off their mittens, but once I tied them on with a little yarn, they were good to go! They rode around in their Little Tikes cars, and were pulled around in their red sleds. We finally had to make them come in--they would have stayed out there all day!



Ryan and the girls helped Rick make a snowman that they dubbed "Frosty". We've been reading about him for the last week or so, so it was the perfect name. They were out there for hours, and it was so fun to watch them enjoy it so much. Hot chocolate warmed everyone up once inside, and we decided there really is nothing like the first snow of the season!


8 comments:

Megs said...

Wow, is that what snow looks like. We could sure use some. You're kids look so cute.

Ellie was dehydrated and couldn't keep anything down. She just had a 24 hour stay at the hospital to get her hydrated. She is doing great now. Thanks for your concern.

likeschocolate said...

Love the snowman! We only had flurries, but nothing stuck. The children were so disappointed.

Jedda said...

It looks like it will be quite the shocker coming back from Texas to that! We just missed seeing the storm. When we got here J said, "Mom, is it summer in Texas?" He was looking over my shoulder and LOVES your snowman!

Carn Family said...

It was a beautiful first snow. Hmmmm...even your snowman looks crafty. I am just picturing you going out there after the kids were "finished" to put on some final touches. Am I right? If not Ryan, Rick, and the girls did an awesome job!

twinkietotmom said...

Your kids are so adorable! My friend Melissa was looking at these pictures today while we were at work and said to me, "Her girls are what I imagine yours to look like at that age!" and it made me so excited because your girls are just too cute for words! My twin girls are a brunette and a redhead as well so that is why she thinks of mine when she sees the pictures of yours!

Kathryn said...

Did you go private? I'm excited I got invited to look at your blog.

I just wanted to say that your blog always calms and grounds me. At the end of a day when life has been stressful and I finally have everyone in bed, I like to open up your blog and read anything new for the day. I like reading about your sweet girls and I get great ideas for things that I can do with my own children. Like tomorrow, I think we need to go check out some more books from the library, especially ones on Frosty. Thanks for blogging.

Andee said...

I feel exactly the same way about snow at Christmas! LOVE it!! And that is an awesome snow man!!

yvonne said...

I love to look out the window and see the snow--go out and play in it, NOT SO MUCH.

They look like they are just loving it. So cute. Love the snowman.

Post a Comment