Monday, February 14, 2011

{emma's conversation hearts}


The pink chocolate chip pancakes were a huge hit this morning, but not as much as the heart cupcake liners full of candy that were left on each of the kids' plates. Imagine that.

While I was cleaning up our Valentine's breakfast, Emma was at the table, lining up and organizing her conversation hearts by color. I stopped to notice her look at the writing on each heart, and then "read" it to herself.

I was so curious to hear what she thought they said, that I inched a little closer and overheard her conversation heart translations:
  • "Obey Jesus"
  • "The righteous will live"
  • "Do good things and as I command"
  • "Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus"
  • "Obey God's commands"
.....
Love that girl.

9 comments:

Erica said...

you must be teaching her right!

likeschocolate said...

Yahoo! Did you see what my valentines present is?

Andee said...

priceless!!

Yvonne said...

That is so incredibly sweet. That must truly touch your mother heart.

Happy Valentines Day.

Carn Family said...

First off...what a fun mom, pink chocolate chip pancakes, lucky kids. What a sweet moment from your little Emma, much better than any conversation heart I have ever read!

Melissa said...

That is so sweet! She is so cute!!

Jewels said...

She's a cute one!!!

Lyndi said...

Awwww, too cute!

Jedda said...

I wish they made them like that. It's moments like that when you know they really are listening :)

Post a Comment