Friday, February 11, 2011

{like father, like son}

As part of one of Ryan's merit badge requirements, he had to plan and carry out a project that would benefit our family. He decided to plan a week of meals, and cook two of them. Wahoo! Any time someone else is going to cook for me, I'm a happy girl.

Tonight was his first night, and he made Fettuccine Alfredo. He has made dinner before, but this was the first time with this recipe. I was ready for any questions he might have, but I didn't hear a peep from him until he called "dinner!".

I walked downstairs, and the table was set, all the food was laid out beautifully, and the kitchen was cleaned up from his preparations. WOW. Not only that, but the food was delicious. Everyone had more than one helping, and the girls kept telling him and over and over how much they loved it. He did a great job, and even added his own ingredients, just like his dad does.

During the meal, Emma turned to Ryan and said...

"You can make my kind of pasta every time!"

Kate looked at me, then piped, "But Mom, you can still make it on Thursdays".

Thanks.



8 comments:

Yvonne said...

The Scouting program may be a tough one sometimes, but it DEFINITELY has its benefits ; ) Way to go Ryan.

likeschocolate said...

Great job Ryan! Oh, the recipe is by Ida Garten from the food network. Just googles Truffles and you will get the recipe. Super easy!

Laura said...

Listen, I wrote a post about where you lived and I apologize. I saw that you removed it and I never intended to offend you, I was just excited to have found someone from where I grew up. Again, I am so sorry to have upset you.

Company EIGHT said...

Laura--

You didn't offend me at all! I actually left a comment on your blog, asking you to e-mail me, but you must not have seen it. So, if you get a chance, e-mail me brownpaper_packages@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

Laura said...

Well now I feel like a dumb dumb :)

Company EIGHT said...

No worries!

Erica said...

he's gonna make someone a lucky girl one day!

Rob and Toni said...

it must be in the blood...Rob adds his own ingredients all the time! Ha. Way to go Ryan! Yes, he will make someone lucky to have him!

Post a Comment