After getting buried in snow during the big snowstorm this week, I just have two questions:
1. WHY do we have such a long driveway?
2. WHY don't we have a snow blower?
Rick and I went out last night after he got home from work to try and dig ourselves out from all the snow. It took a LONG time, and it still needs some more work tonight. Fun times.
I have not seen this much snow at one time since we've lived here--we have drifts as high as 5 feet in some areas of our yard, and the roads in our neighborhood are basically impassable. Schools have been closed for 2 days, businesses were temporarily shut down, and the town was quiet, except for all the snowplows that were doing their best to clear the roads.
All that snow did bring some fun times at home. Ryan was thrilled to be out of school, and it was so nice to just stay in pajamas, watch movies, and not worry about going anywhere. The kids bundled up to go play in the snow, but it didn't last too long. The girls could barely walk--it was to their knees in the lowest areas of the driveway and yard, it was quite the sight!




.....
In other news...
My babies are growing up. All of them.
1. WHY do we have such a long driveway?
2. WHY don't we have a snow blower?
Rick and I went out last night after he got home from work to try and dig ourselves out from all the snow. It took a LONG time, and it still needs some more work tonight. Fun times.
I have not seen this much snow at one time since we've lived here--we have drifts as high as 5 feet in some areas of our yard, and the roads in our neighborhood are basically impassable. Schools have been closed for 2 days, businesses were temporarily shut down, and the town was quiet, except for all the snowplows that were doing their best to clear the roads.
All that snow did bring some fun times at home. Ryan was thrilled to be out of school, and it was so nice to just stay in pajamas, watch movies, and not worry about going anywhere. The kids bundled up to go play in the snow, but it didn't last too long. The girls could barely walk--it was to their knees in the lowest areas of the driveway and yard, it was quite the sight!




.....
In other news...
- Jack & Henry had their 18 month well visit today. Henry is still huge (99th+ percentile for weight, height, and head), and according to the doctor is the size of an average three year old or small four year old. It's true--he weighs one pound less than Miss Emma, and is only about 5 inches shorter. Jack comes in at the 72nd percentile for height, and 33rd for weight. He's definitely the smallest of all my babies--at least height wise. Everyone thinks he's so tiny, but that's because he's always next to Henry!
- They had their first official day of nursery on Sunday, YAY! Although the nursery leaders are going to have to significantly up the snack budget, now that Henry's there. Or else we're going to have to start supplementing snack time, lol.
- I attended a kindergarten orientation for the girls this week. I can't believe that in a few short months they will be in school! They are thrilled to be able to ride the bus, wear a backpack, have recess, and learn to read. I'm just trying not to cry.
My babies are growing up. All of them.
8 comments:
Get a snow blower--we have never done it either and seriously, I DON'T KNOW WHY.
I'm glad you've been able to stay in and stay warm.
It doesn't take long for them to grow up, does it.
Nursery--HOORAY.
Dreamed about you last night. I showed up at your door and asked when we could come and visit you. You had a cold, but you told me that we could come next week. It was summer time and I was planning to bring Harris and Roman with me and my mom. We planned to go to a swim park and eat cupcakes.
We should have sold you our snowblower when we left Michigan. I can't believe the girls will be going to Kindergarten in 6 months. It doesn't seem possible.
What a fun few days it has been. I am thinking all that shoveling did not help your back situation at all. And your kiddos are growing up. How does it happen so slow and so fast at all the same time?
Oh your babies are all growing up...that means mine are too! So sad yet so fun at the same time!
Just wait- I am going to High School orientation next week! **sigh**
Holy snow!! Weather has been crazy all over the place lately!
Get a snowblower. End of story. And there's no cure for them growing up. Or crying about it. Good luck.
Crazy that Henry is so freaking big! I wish I could see them in real life! Maybe one day...ha. At least they are both healthy! I'm ready for a "snow day" and not on the literal sense either. I'm just pooped and want to just relax and not feel guilty about it!
Post a Comment