Monday, February 7, 2011

{super bowl 2011}

We are a Pittsburgh Steelers family through and through. Rick has been a loyal fan since he was a little boy, and we have all been converted. The fact that they are a really good team is just icing on the cake.

The Joneses invited us over for the big game, and it was crazy fun. They also are HUGE Steelers fans, so they were the perfect family to host. Good friends, yummy food, and your favorite team? Perfect.

It was definitely an exciting game, and the score went back and forth. We all jumped up and down, waved our terrible towels, and I think Rick might have caused some structural damage to their floor/basement ceiling. We had only one dissenter in the group, but we'll forgive him. Eventually. (We love you anyway, Matt!)

The last 2 minutes were tough--we thought we were going to pull it off, but it just didn't happen.

I think there were some tears shed into terrible towels, but I'm not going to name names.

At least we had friends to commiserate with.

.....

Ready for the big game!


Rick, trying to summon all his football powers...


The group


Total concentration...


Football girls!


Just one of many dances Rick performed for the crowd. It's funny--I can't get him to dance at any other time, but something about football (and the Steelers) brings out the crazy side in him!


And it's over...


Don't worry. We'll be back.


9 comments:

Erica said...

it was a sad sad ending to one FABULOUS night !!!

Yvonne said...

I love that you all get so into the game--SO GREAT.

I have a son-in-law who is a HUGE Steeler fan and when I talked to him today, he was very sad.

Andi said...

We did our best to support Tate's hometown, but it wasn't enough... this year!

I might need some video of Rick's dance. Too bad him and Tate can't have a Steelers "dance-off".

BTW- I thought of you Saturday. I went and played raquetball for the first time since moving from MI. Brought back lots of memories of you! (good ones!) :)

Price is Right said...

It was a good game! I thought for sure we would pull through at the end. It was crazy at times for sure. It was a good close game. Kevin,Robert and my Dad were freaking out at times for sure! Greg was also! (he has be converted):)

likeschocolate said...

Did rick shave his hair for the game? We feel the way you do about Soccer.

Carn Family said...

What a night. Rick was cracking me up. I love the picture of the two of you together...so cute. Sorry it could not have had a better ending :(

Andee said...

Looks like fun to me!! And I remember Rick doing a dance or two as a Rebellina!! Tell him I have pictures!!! Hee hee!

Kyla said...

Love the pic of Rick dancing - he should do it more often! Glad to see you are up and going. Hope your back is feeling better!

Rob and Toni said...

I honestly did not watch the game....the room that the TV is in at the Wade's is wayyyyy too small for all of us to fit in and I knew I wouldn't be able to handle the noise! It was loud enough being in the other room! ha. Too bad they lost! It "sounded" like a good game though :)

Post a Comment