Sunday, October 13, 2013

{a date with henry}

I don't write about all the dates nights we have the kids, but I just had to document this one with Henry.  We planned the date out about 10 days in advance, which ended up being WAY too early.  Every single one of those 10 days was filled with at least 10 "when's our date" questions, and it was just too long for this excited little boy to handle.

The plan was to get hot dogs at Sam's Club (his favorite, and his choice), then go bowling.  We left the house, and ended up passing Red Robin on our way.  As soon as he saw it, he changed his mind about the hot dogs, so we quickly had a change of plans.  I just love having conversations with this boy, and he regaled me with tales of fire trucks and bugs.  

I did try to have an interview with him, which I already do every year with my kids on their birthday, but since we were alone, I thought I would take advantage of it. Well, I found out that he doesn't want to get married, but he wants to have 90 kids.  I asked him who was going to take care of them, and he told me that I was.  Good to know.  ☺

We finished eating, and headed to the bowling alley.  He almost couldn't stand it, he was so excited, and I had to keep him reigned in while we were getting our shoes and picking out our bowling balls.  I'm used to going with a lot of kids, so I thought this was going to be a piece of cake.  I was wrong.

This kid was everywhere, curious about every single thing within his eyesight. I had to hurry and bowl as fast as I could, because I wasn't sure what he was going to do while I was occupied.  He bowled with gusto, and I'm not sure, but the lane we were on probably has a few dents and chips in it now.  He even bowled the ball into the lane next to us (he started on our lane)--it jumped the gutters and went right over! Thankfully they didn't have a ball going down at the same time. 

Needless to say it was totally and completely entertaining, and I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. It was delightful to spend that one-on-one time with my Henry B.!!!