Monday, October 28, 2013

{the pumpkin patch}

I still can't get over the fact that it's 80+ degrees the end of October around here, but the day we went to the pumpkin patch was actually quite nice, which I was grateful for.  

I was determined to get there---it's been so incredibly busy the last few weeks, with every day and evening full of different activities, but it's one of our favorite fall activities, and I knew the kids would be really disappointed otherwise.  As would I.  

We left earlier in the morning, and headed to the farm where we picked blackberries--they also have a pumpkin patch and fun fall activities in October, and we always knew we wanted to go back.

They had all the usual activities...the cow train, pumpkins, fun playground, and hayride. They also had the most incredible corn mazes--one was smaller, that told the story of  Spookley the Pumpkin. The other was enormous--an American Flag with an eagle in the center, and the words "In God We Trust" underneath it.  It took over an hour to finish, so we skipped it this time.   The two things that were MAJORLY missing...apple cider and doughnuts.  :( How I'm craving them!!!  

All in all, we had a great day, and we were all glad we made it there before Halloween!






 










I LOVE fall!!!